Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,898 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The jazzy backdrop music is far too loud... awful distracting!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The podcast app from apple is a disaster. The problem was clearly on todayfm/98fms side as I couldn't download the last few weeks of podcasts from the old show and first one of the new show won't download either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

He wrote a lovely one when she was leaving if I recall correctly.

I think it may have been when she got married. He started off the link live and chatting to her, then sneakily went in to a pre-recorded poem.

At the end of the poem he was standing behind her with a bunch of flowers. Nearly bleedin' started crying I did! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

_feedback_ wrote: »
    I think it may have been when she got married. He started off the link live and chatting to her, then sneakily went in to a pre-recorded poem.

At the end of the poem he was standing behind her with a bunch of flowers. Nearly bleedin' started crying I did! :o

I remember that, it was very well done. I thought it was when she left too? Either way, it was very touching.

Hate to say it but was left a little cold by the first show.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »

Rome wast built in a day so it wasn't.

Ah, I know. I'm not dismissing it outright.

But even the various other presenters / newsreaders sound far too dry (no offence to them) for the style of Ray and JP to bounce off.

And the "obligatory kids" bit was horrible..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Ah, I know. I'm not dismissing it outright.

But even the various other presenters / newsreaders sound far too dry (no offence to them) for the style of Ray and JP to bounce off.

And the "obligatory kids" bit was horrible..

Did you hear todays show? Was a lot better imo, I'm sure it won't take long for them to build up a rapport with the other presenters. They had a nice bit of 'banter' with the guy who's show follows theirs right at the end today, it was very funny, he even got in a fat joke at Ray! :D

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Did you hear todays show? Was a lot better imo, I'm sure it won't take long for them to build up a rapport with the other presenters. They had a nice bit of 'banter' with the guy who's show follows theirs right at the end today, it was very funny, he even got in a fat joke at Ray! :D

Barry dunne ? Well they know each other for years so that's why it was good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The podcast app from apple is a disaster. The problem was clearly on todayfm/98fms side as I couldn't download the last few weeks of podcasts from the old show and first one of the new show won't download either.
    Yeah it's ****e. Podcasts dont download.

Just a tip, with the old podcast sometimes the podcast would download and then disappear from the list. If that happens u could go to the home screen, slide to the search on the left and type in ray foley and the podcasts would come up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Only got to listen to about 25 mins of the show this morning - but I really enjoyed it. Loved the Ryan Seacrest parts - with them playing audio of him 'magically' popping into the studio all the way from America.

I'll deffo be listening to them in the morning, and catch up with the Strawberry Alarm Clocks best bits on the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I like what I've heard so far. Very Foley, everything going wrong and being a bit messy, but having a laugh through it all. That's what the first few days of any new job are like. And that's what I enjoy about the show: he reflects his own life and experiences through the medium of radio and we can all relate.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

The format is making them rush bits, there is very little room for chats - not their fault, this is the pile up rubbish they put into breakfast shows " because someone from Oz says it what works " yadda yadda

They will win audience and take from 104 - but you wont see that cut through for well over a year.

Like the imaging, it is totally reworked from 30 rock - sounds a bit " vintage" and game show'ish.

Over all, they will do good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm curious as to whether you listened to the podcast or actually listened back to the whole show?

Because the podcast is very cold, but the actual show really worked for me.

Side note, anyone else really enjoying the music he's playing? Much improved from Today FM IMO.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm curious as to whether you listened to the podcast or actually listened back to the whole show?

Because the podcast is very cold, but the actual show really worked for me.
    Listened to the podcast..

.. if the show was better, then sack Big Suze immediately.

The podcast was not good!
    Side note, anyone else really enjoying the music he's playing? Much improved from Today FM IMO.
    Strangely I'm finding KC's music choice much more varied and enjoyable than Ray's..

.. don't get me wrong, I liked Ray music choices but found it far it too samey for the timeslot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Listened this morning and I thought it was much better than yesterday. They both seemed a bit more settled in like they knew what they were doing. Ray did go to the 8 o'clock news at about 4 minutes past but we all know that's his style by now!

As for the podcasts, give the big suze girl a chance, I'm sure they'll be better from now on, there wasn't a lot in yesterdays show, but I would even say todays podcast would have a little more content. They'll have to sort out the audio levels on the podcast though, each clip is a different level. Found myself leaping for the remote once or twice to turn it down to a reasonable level!

Podcast from yesterday's show is up.

Enjoyed this mornings show and because I'm off for a few days. I listened to ray and JP till ten and then pat kenny. And no being forced to listen to the optimism vacuum on today fm. Oh happy happy parish priest days.

I was watching the webcams this morning just before Ham Sandwich came in. JP pretending to smack Ray in the face and Ray falling over clutching the desk was hilarious. :D

I wonder what's the deal with the podcasts... I mean, I'm alright with it just being a "Best Bits" type thing, because fully editing a four hour show is a little unreasonable, but why are they taking so long to upload... :\

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Well if the rest of their IT system is as crap and slow as their website, it probably takes forever to upload!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

*removed, double post*

The 98 website is dire, alright. Whomever decided on that layout deserves a slap.

Is there no download link for the podcast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    The 98 website is dire, alright. Whomever decided on that layout deserves a slap.

Is there no download link for the podcast?

No there isn't but i'd recommend using Real player if you listen to it from your computer it just allows you to download the clip same speed as iTunes for me also. :)

Oh I was able to download it with Flash Video Downloader so no bother there. But it's ridiculous not to have a download link, all the same.

Also, FVD lets me download all four parts of the Listen Back stream which is handy.

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    Oh I was able to download it with Flash Video Downloader so no bother there. But it's ridiculous not to have a download link, all the same.

Also, FVD lets me download all four parts of the Listen Back stream which is handy.

If only it would work for the RTE player :pac:

Pain waiting for ads when i'm trying to watch Love/Hate.

If only it would work for the RTE player :pac:

Pain waiting for ads when i'm trying to watch Love/Hate.

There're ads on RTE Player? ;)

Is the show and tell thing they mentioned about a book and JP went "250 words on sex." Is that a popular bit from a past show dressed up in new clothes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Cookie Policy probably thinks I have some sort of obsession with him but just to note, Paul Bonass is the assistant producer of the new breakfast show.

"BONASS, GET IN HERE!!! :) "

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Cookie Policy probably thinks I have some sort of obsession with him but just to note, Paul Bonass is the assistant producer of the new breakfast show.

"BONASS, GET IN HERE!!! :) "

I think everyone enjoys Paul :p in a completely professional way of course :pac:

Glad to hear it, bit of full time work for him at last. :D
    There're ads on RTE Player? ;)

HELP ME?! :p:o

• Advertisement

They should redo that picture, as ray looks an eijit trying to frown. And I've sorted my podcast issues. If anyone is having a problem with the podcast app then search for downcast in the App Store. Quality stuff.

Advertisement