Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

soc160 wrote: »
    As for whether or not people are picked based on where they live is another thing, but why would a Dublin radio station want a winner from outside Dublin, would just be awkward, I couldn't imagine winning a competition on a BBC station, or one from Northern Ireland for that matter.

personally think if you're listening in to what ever station no matter where you are in the world. If you take the time to get involved via text etc you should have the same chance of winning as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That kids bit has to be dropped. The titanic one this morning was painful at the start. The mother couldn't act and the kid made it so obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Oh my ****ing god. :D:D

I pissed myself laughing at that Feedback. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm listening at work to the full show when I get in and even working the last few Saturdays, I'm only starting Wednesday's show..

.. phew, I work too hard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I know i am late to the party here... but only noticed during the week that different show after Darcy... i know he is gone to 98 as i have heard him in the morning there.

What was the story? - did he just up and go from today fm after his contract ended or something?

Did he give any notice of his intentions of going to the listeners beforehand or did he just go without notice?

More money at 98fm or just him wanting the breakfast slot on a station?

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »
    I know i am late to the party here... but only noticed during the week that different show after Darcy... i know he is gone to 98 as i have heard him in the morning there.

What was the story? - did he just up and go from today fm after his contract ended or something?

Did he give any notice of his intentions of going to the listeners beforehand or did he just go without notice?

He gave about a month's notice before he left (give or take a few weeks).

Personally, I believe a major factor for him going was him wanting to do something new. He even said on one of the podcasts this week that he was really enjoying doing something completely different, and that while he wasn't unhappy at Today FM, he was kind of getting sick of what he was doing there.

From Communicorp's point of view, transferring Foley to 98 made sense to try and boost that station's profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Access wrote: »

Methinks having a newborn was also a factor in his decision to move. Starting earlier, he gets to finish earlier and be home with his little fella (not JP, the other one).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The start of today's podcast ...

'Hello there, it's Ray Foley here'

'I'm over here, I'm J.P.'

'And between the two of us we are ... Ray & JP?'

'Ray-p?'

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Sounding good over all. I flicked to 104 and back to 98 this morning link for link for an hour. Mark Nobel was on his own and sounded like he hated what he was doing, just lifeless and dull. He told a story about buying christmas lights and the big pay off ......... "they dont work outside, heres the script " ?????? WTF ?

The lads will do damage to them, without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

When is Nordy Eoghan on? I've missed large chunks of the new show for the past few weeks and I'm still getting through the last of the TodayFM podcasts (I was on holiday and I'm backed up!), but as far as I knew he was going with them to 98fm.

Has anyone heard him yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Yes, Nordy Eoghan still appears weekly on their show. Thank God - he's one of my favourite things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

He's been on at least twice that I can think of, but he isn't on for long and he doesn't stay in the studio like he did on Today FM as far as I can remember.

Nordy's on Thursdays..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Great johnny Lyons sketch this morning. Had him to a tee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

LeakyGee wrote: »
    Sounding good over all. I flicked to 104 and back to 98 this morning link for link for an hour. Mark Nobel was on his own and sounded like he hated what he was doing, just lifeless and dull. He told a story about buying christmas lights and the big pay off ......... "they dont work outside, heres the script " ?????? WTF ?

The lads will do damage to them, without doubt.

Lifeless and dull captures noble or nobby as he likes to refer to himself perfectly. Its one of radios mysteries how he has managed to hold down a regular radio gig never mind with fm104, but as ive said before fm104's success is a mystery to me fullstop,theonly thing i can put it down to is, it has stuck rigidly to its remit, while others have chopped and changed, namely 98fm. Having listened to foley on breakfast, he certainly suits it better than the old slot on today fm, and he definitely will wipe the floor with fm 104, neither station would appeal to me, but clearly dubs love their wacky radio in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Anyone know where the big Suze thing came from? :)

Anyone know where the big Suze thing came from? :)
    Think they mentioned on the first podcast that it was a Peep Show reference..

.. maybe she looks like her?

13zmiir.jpg

Great johnny Lyons sketch this morning. Had him to a tee

I was wondering how long it would take them to pull Johnny Lyons. I've heard him on Dermot and Dave and it was inevitable!

Here lads,

Anyone know the FileSize for Thursday's podcast (13th)?

iTunes has currently downloaded "100MB of 60MB", and I don't want to let it download any more if it's an error that'll just keep downloading infinitely because my internet usage is capped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Here lads,

Anyone know the FileSize for Thursday's podcast (13th)?

iTunes has currently downloaded "100MB of 60MB", and I don't want to let it download any more if it's an error that'll just keep downloading infinitely because my internet usage is capped.

68.4MB

• Advertisement

If she is the person I think she is, then it might be a very tall lady.

"We know your incontinent, and we don't mean Europe." Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I only catching up on the podcasts now (a few weeks behind) - do any contain "podcast only material" like the old days?

seabee wrote: »
    I only catching up on the podcasts now (a few weeks behind) - do any contain "podcast only material" like the old days?

Yeah. They started regular podcast-only bits after about two weeks of starting the new show.

seabee wrote: »

The end of the second week. The third week.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The end of the second week. The third week.

I'm only getting into the 98fm Podcasts now too, I only finished the last of the Today FM ones the other week. The first few are technically a bit choppy but that's to be expected I suppose.

The only thing that's annoying me is the constant soundbytes in them ("This is a 98fm Podcast") that appears every time they skip through a song. That's irritating me loads. Do they continue?

I also have to ask this, Dino, is she hot? ;)

Scráib wrote: »
    I'm only getting into the 98fm Podcasts now too, I only finished the last of the Today FM ones the other week. The first few are technically a bit choppy but that's to be expected I suppose.

The only thing that's annoying me is the constant soundbytes in them ("This is a 98fm Podcast") that appears every time they skip through a song. That's irritating me loads. Do they continue?

I also have to ask this, Dino, is she hot? ;)

That "this is a 98fm podcast" isn't in them as much and they just fade in and out of a song. They seem to be spelling it deano or Deeno. I don't know as if you watch the webcams sport isnt in the studio and news is in a different building.

It's Aideen.. so it's "Deeno".

There's her Twitter anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That "this is a 98fm podcast" isn't in them as much and they just fade in and out of a song. They seem to be spelling it deano or Deeno. I don't know as if you watch the webcams sport isnt in the studio and news is in a different building.

As I've explained before news and sports are from Marconi House along side Today FM, Phantom and Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Basq wrote: »
    It's Aideen.. so it's "Deeno".

There's her Twitter anyways.

I would ;):D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I would ;):D:pac:

ditto

Advertisement