Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

The Johnny Lyons bit was hilarious once again this morning. They have perfected that impression. :)
    Whenever he comes on, thinking of JP's impression almost makes his updates bearable.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Basq wrote: »
    It's Aideen.. so it's "Deeno".

There's her Twitter anyways.

Stalk-tastic :D

Listening to the first few podcasts, you can see how the news & sport guys reactions change over time. They go from 'Well... Ray is it?' to "Howya lads!" to "Ahhhh Ray I LOVE that song! Play it!" pretty quickly. Is it that they like the lads or are their spirts just broken from Ray's constant interruptions of the news/weather with sound effects? :)

I'm liking the morning show anyway, I've yet to hear the impersonations of Johnny Lyons but I'm looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

JP's Show & Tell was hilarious this morning! Only wish he did a full song rather than just a verse and chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Did anyone hear the "end of world news " this morning. I thought it was hilarious =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just caught the last 15 minutes of the show, who was the guy there with him?

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Just caught the last 15 minutes of the show, who was the guy there with him?

JP Gilbourne??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Jason Todd wrote: »

JP Gilbourne??
    Didn't sound like him. Was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

JP Gilbourne??

Never knew his second name and I've been listening to The RF show since they began with Today FM

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Didn't sound like him. Was it?

I didn't think there was anyone else there, but tbh I was half asleep so I stand to be corrected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Synode wrote: »
    Never knew his second name and I've been listening to The RF show since they began with Today FM

Theyve mention his name is Gilbourne several times!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

Not been podcasts in a while. Anyone know when they are back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Not been podcasts in a while. Anyone know when they are back on?

Probably 2nd of January I'd say. Open to corretion though as I haven't listened to the most recent podcast yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Don't live in Dublin but usually tune in around 8 on my way to work (followed them from Todayfm). Decent enough but not wild about the revival of DJ Jayo...

The calls to Santa were funny enough though, the guy in Kildare village sounded like he didn't realise what was going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Niles wrote: »
    Decent enough but not wild about the revival of DJ Jayo...

The new intro theme for Jayo is great though. Over-the-top parody of dance music DJs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Probably 2nd of January I'd say. Open to corretion though as I haven't listened to the most recent podcast yet.

They weren't back on today anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

iseegirls wrote: »
    They weren't back on today anyway :(

I'd say it will be Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'd say it will be Monday.

Yeh I'm pretty certain whoever it was covering for them (can't remember who!) said they'd be back Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Niles wrote: »
    Yeh I'm pretty certain whoever it was covering for them (can't remember who!) said they'd be back Monday.

Good to see that the replacement was that memorable! :p

Mornings haven't been the same since the New Year - looking forward to Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

iseegirls wrote: »
    Good to see that the replacement was that memorable! :p

Mornings haven't been the same since the New Year - looking forward to Monday.
    Brian McColl was covering I think

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

When did the lads start their Christmas holiday? On my iTunes the show's podcasts stop around the twentieth of last month...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

stannis wrote: »
    When did the lads start their Christmas holiday? On my iTunes the show's podcasts stop around the twentieth of last month...

Last podcast was the 21st. I believe they worked Christmas eve, and had a pre-record show on Christmas Day.

Not that I'd begrudge them the time off, but considering Foley has had time off with the birth of his son, then holidays not long after, then an extended break between leaving Today FM and joining 98fm I was disappointed to see them take more time off after Christmas, especially considering all the big hitters were back on Today FM for example. Not giving out about Foley, just missing the show is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not that I'd begrudge them the time off, but considering Foley has had time off with the birth of his son, then holidays not long after, then an extended break between leaving Today FM and joining 98fm I was disappointed to see them take more time off after Christmas, especially considering all the big hitters were back on Today FM for example. Not giving out about Foley, just missing the show is all!

If you had the chance, would you not do the same? It cant be easy coming up with stuff for 20 hours a week, every week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Why did Foley move to 98fm? And is it the same crowd with him and same stuff he does on 98fm as on TodayFm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It makes sense for Breakfast Show hosts to take the full Christmas break. Audiences are well down until the schools are back. The lads are putting in some serious hours with early starts and they need to take a decent break every now and then.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If you had the chance, would you not do the same? It cant be easy coming up with stuff for 20 hours a week, every week.

Ah yeah, not saying that, what I suppose I'm saying is, I'm surprised they were given the chance for more time off in the first place. I suppose the fact they had time off in the old job doesn't (and shouldn't) impact the new job.
    Skid wrote: »
    It makes sense for Breakfast Show hosts to take the full Christmas break. Audiences are well down until the schools are back. The lads are putting in some serious hours with early starts and they need to take a decent break every now and then.

Yeah, that makes more sense to me. Even Ray D'Arcy and KC were joking that they were just filling time til' everyone came back to school/work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Why did Foley move to 98fm?

He wanted to try something new.
    And is it the same crowd with him and same stuff he does on 98fm as on TodayFm?

Only JP. Ann and Adele are still at Today FM.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As per Facebook..
    Hi All! We're back tomorrow morning from 6 on 98FM. If you've got a story from the Christmas break that you'd like to tell us about then e-mail ray@98fm.com. Chat to you tomorrow!

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    He wanted to try something new.

Only JP. Ann and Adele are still at Today FM.

Is he getting more money on 98?

And does he still do the same stuff as on today fm? as in "the things we didn't get to cover"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I see Today FM brought back Nordie Eoin (sp?) for the KC Show.. Is he still on with Ray? Assume its to boost the show?

Advertisement