Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Oh Ray, love the show. Just a bit of fun for your lunchtime, nothing too serious. Don't tell a friend, tell everyone. Batins for ratins.

lol rofl lmfao :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Fago! wrote: »
    Oh Ray, love the show. Just a bit of fun for your lunchtime, nothing too serious. Don't tell a friend, tell everyone. Batins for ratins.

lol rofl lmfao :rolleyes:

Why such a reaction?

I'm sure that there are other presenters on other stations that you don't like...why not post/start a new thread on them?

Why is it that people who don't like his show get so wound up about it, switch over!

Ray and the show clearly stand out from the rest of the radio wallpaper and provokes debate...surely a good thing for radio. A bit of variety and all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

salonfire wrote: »
    Why such a reaction?
    I am intrigued by the reaction.. infact fago used to be an avid fan of the show when I was a mod of radio

salonfire wrote: »
    Why such a reaction?

I'm sure that there are other presenters on other stations that you don't like...why not post/start a new thread on them?

I have started a thread. It's called "Your least favorite radio presenter" Nikki 'the biggest mistake in the history of RTE radio' Hayes features alot.
    Why is it that people who don't like his show get so wound up about it, switch over!

^^^ My main gripe with anti Foley posters.
    Ray and the show clearly stand out from the rest of the radio wallpaper and provokes debate...surely a good thing for radio. A bit of variety and all that!

Which is why I AM a huge fan of the show. They are thee best thing on irish radio. They make me laugh and they entertain me.
    Slidey wrote: »
    I am intrigued by the reaction.. infact fago used to be an avid fan of the show when I was a mod of radio

Haha, I was parodying all the newbie posters who show their love for the show by posting his c

The fun bus? Sounds alot like Hamish & Andy's caravan of courage tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The fun bus? Sounds alot like Hamish & Andy's caravan of courage tbh.

Who is Hamish and Andy?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I like the fun bus tour. So what that it's probably been done before, it's fun to listen to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dearbhaile.

emmm Foley is KING....!! and it is no wonder...!! years of enjoyment when he was on the blast epic.. for all the complainers out there would ye do any better if you wer in his shoes...!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Who does the mixes that are on now and for past few fridays for the last part of the show? I doubt it's Ray himself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Who is Hamish and Andy?

Hamish and Andy, hilarious Aussie Dj's who just toured Ireland and Britain in a Caravan, they called it the Caravan of Courage, they've already done the States and other parts of Oz in it and broadcast from it. Myself and the lad who are huge fans of H&A, texted in to Ray at the start of June asking had they any info on the H&A tour of Ire as they had been in contact before, it does smack of Unoriginality alright!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

MonicaBing wrote: »
    it does smack of Unoriginality alright!!

And so does sitting in a studio talking crap a la Nickki Hayes, Rick O'Shea, et al.

I think its been an entertaining week's listening with the Fun Bus. At least its different from other Irish radio shows.

Who cares if someone else does it in another country

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Hamish and Andy, hilarious Aussie Dj's who just toured Ireland and Britain in a Caravan, they called it the Caravan of Courage, they've already done the States and other parts of Oz in it and broadcast from it. Myself and the lad who are huge fans of H&A, texted in to Ray at the start of June asking had they any info on the H&A tour of Ire as they had been in contact before, it does smack of Unoriginality alright!!

^^^^^ You, my man, are clearly on the ball.

Hey everyone, he's a good guy.

H&A = radio saints. Ray Foley = radio saint. The funbus is very good. Although, I'm annoyed at Ray for stealing the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

. The funbus is very good. Although, I'm annoyed at Ray for stealing the idea.

In fairness to him, he never specifically said he came up with the idea.

He said that others had done it "but sort of cheated".

I just like it because it's a good excuse to play the Venga Boys on the radio.

So what I like the Venga Boys. Big woop, wanna fight about it?!

In fairness to him, he never specifically said he came up with the idea.

He said that others had done it "but sort of cheated"

I know that. But cmon Foley, be original. DON'T HOLD OUT ON ME MAN!!!! :P
    So what I like the Venga Boys. Big woop, wanna fight about it?!

I'm in. Let's roll babez ;)

I'm in. Let's roll babez ;)

"Boom Boom Boom Boom!"

:P

"Boom Boom Boom Boom!"

Lemme hear ya say Fago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Oh Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

who voted ? himself and the rest of them in the show???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

the "funbus" in sligo today!!

Wait a minute. Did he skip Limerick or something?

That jammy bastard!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Limerick, the forgotten county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 poppylily

best part of the fun bus this week was on friday when the pinata girl came to visit. I've never laughed so much, Ray actually sounded slightly scared when they were hitting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

poppylily wrote: »
    best part of the fun bus this week was on friday when the pinata girl came to visit. I've never laughed so much, Ray actually sounded slightly scared when they were hitting it.

Was that you by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Jesus, I hate the fun bus jingle :mad:

Like the show though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

They were in Limerick last Monday/Tuesday. They were on the phone to KC on the night time show, live from the Kilmurry roundabout. The guards pulled them over as they had left the sidestep down at the side of the funbus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who's the chap filling in this week? I've never heard so much music on the show before. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who's the chap filling in this week? I've never heard so much music on the show before. :)

Marty Miller is his name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Who's the chap filling in this week? I've never heard so much music on the show before.

Marty Miller, used to be on 98fm. Thanks god he's not playing the same sh1te he played there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Barna77 wrote: »
    Marty Miller, used to be on 98fm. Thanks god he's not playing the same sh1te he played there :D

He'll soon be gone from Today FM too - headed for Nova.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Bandscan

Don`t like the show when Marty fills in for Ray,Its just music and no craic,Ray is off alot this year i wonder will it have a knock on affect on his Listenership figures.When he`s not on it gives people the chance to tune away and check out the competition.

Advertisement