Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Whoever was filling in (Barry Dunne?) said Fridayitis. Only heard that bit but have noticed they are sick a lot more than when on Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    ... have noticed they are sick a lot more than when on Today FM.

Yeah, even when Ray was off with the norovirus *insert ominous music*, he said himself he'd never taken a sick day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Yeah, even when Ray was off with the norovirus *insert ominous music*, he said himself he'd never taken a sick day before.

Did I hear they are supposed to be on the live show after show after tonight's Tallafornia episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Did I hear they are supposed to be on the live show after show after tonight's Tallafornia episode?

Ray & JP??What Show?

Ray & JP??What Show?

I think they are on the couch for the after party of Tallafornia on TV3 at 10:40 not sure though may have picked it up wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I like Ray & JP but no way i could stick those Tallaght Maggots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Whoever was filling in (Barry Dunne?) said Fridayitis. Only heard that bit but have noticed they are sick a lot more than when on Today FM.

I'm gonna sound like a right granny when I say this but early mornings and broken sleeping patterns make ya awfully run down and susceptible to all sorts.

They weren't on tonight but apparently they will be in two weeks. Lovely line up Ray and JP and Claire Solan whom they replaced on the brekkie show! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Today's podcast confirms Foley was sick on Friday and not just taking the day off.

Damn work experience kid infected them! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Today's podcast confirms Foley was sick on Friday and not just taking the day off.

Damn work experience kid infected them! :mad:

Well they knew he was sick as they mentioned it on air. So is ray and JP back after the noravirus and is Adrian next off as he is the same building as the lads.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well they knew he was sick as they mentioned it on air. So is ray and JP back after the noravirus and is Adrian next off as he is the same building as the lads.

Since when are they in the same building? Adrian and Aideen both read from Marconi House.

Since when are they in the same building? Adrian and Aideen both read from Marconi House.

Nope. Adrian reads from the same studio as Ray. They even said on the show this morning that he was sitting beside JP.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Nope. Adrian reads from the same studio as Ray. They even said on the show this morning that he was sitting beside JP.

Why did they move him back then? He used to read from Marconi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Can't wait for Foley to call Nandos HQ in London!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus Christ so Adrian didnt walk into the lads studio and talk on one of the mics during one link ? And on today's podcast they lads were having a laugh and aideen said" I'm so glad Im based in a different building." And Adrian actually left his mic one day after the sport and entered the studio.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus Christ so Adrian didnt walk into the lads studio and talk on one of the mics during one link ? And on today's podcast they lads were having a laugh and aideen said" I'm so glad Im based in a different building." And Adrian actually left his mic one day after the sport and entered the studio.

Haven't listened to today's podcast but they were moved a couple of months ago, he must have moved back. In my opinion I think Aideen should do her bulletin from the actual 98 studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I tried really, really hard not to laugh at the Batman Forever joke, I really did...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Niles wrote: »
    I tried really, really hard not to laugh at the Batman Forever joke, I really did...
    What was it?

Or does it need to be heard?

A Graham Norton prank call to Oz, that was kind of... random.

What was it?

Or does it need to be heard?

Something along the lines of 'went into xtravision and asked to rent Batman Forever'... I'm sure you can imagine the rest!

• Advertisement

A Graham Norton prank call to Oz, that was kind of... random.

Random is right...

Bit of a dodge segment tbh.

I'm really starting to wonder how this Black Card business with Nandos is gonna end up. Seeing as how today they said they got that serious 'cease and desist ' order from them. Obviously that's not gonna stop Foley. But I wonder where it's gonna lead to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Usually listen after 8.30 so only heard the two Johnnies today for the first time. Funniest thing I have heard on Radio in a long time! JP has him to a tee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Who is Jonny Lyons? I've never heard him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Synode wrote: »

He has read the sport on 98FM for about 15 years, he has quite a unique style of broadcasting in that he always gives his opinion while reading the sport as well as a tendency to over enunciate on occasions.

Synode wrote: »

Don't worry, I'm one of these listeners who migrated from Todayfm so I didn't get it either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Go to their website, click the Listen Back feature, click on the Dermot and Dave bit, click Part 2 on today's (Wednesday) show and hear the enigma at work for the first 2 minutes.
    Listen to one of Johnny Lyons' sport news bulletin and the effect will be much greater. The Two Johnnies is definitely one of my favourite things they do on the show. JP has me in stitches every time. :D

Loved the chat about Dr.Eva and Operation Transformation and the use of her saying "Please cop on" on Gangnam Style. Hilarious.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Don't worry, I'm one of these listeners who migrated from Todayfm so I didn't get it either!

I heard him on the way home from work this evening. He's a mad thing.

Haha! Loved today! Talking about annoying colleagues singing in the office *Mairead Farrell*. "I've heard toilet flushes that were more musical *Mairead Farrell*. Shout out to Mairead Farrell this morning!" Brilliant! :)

• Advertisement

Just for anyone that doesn't read the KC Show thread, Ann Gleeson made a triumphant return to the airwaves today. :)

Go on iTunes and it's the most recent podcast from KC.

Great to hear her back and in flying form. :D

Advertisement