Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Heard the kids bit for the first time the other day, heard it a few more times since and dont get the hate. Much better than what usually happens with kids involved.
    Haha! Loved today! Talking about annoying colleagues singing in the office *Mairead Farrell*. "I've heard toilet flushes that were more musical *Mairead Farrell*. Shout out to Mairead Farrell this morning!" Brilliant! :)
    That was brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

I'm really starting to wonder how this Black Card business with Nandos is gonna end up. Seeing as how today they said they got that serious 'cease and desist ' order from them. Obviously that's not gonna stop Foley. But I wonder where it's gonna lead to?

Haven't heard the show in a while... what's that about Nandos?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

soundbyte wrote: »
    Haven't heard the show in a while... what's that about Nandos?
    A few episodes behind as well..

.. but basically Nando's have a black VIP card. This allows you have free Nando's for life.. you can eat until you've peri peri sauce flowing through your veins for free. Nando's give them out to various celebs and those in the media.. here's Ed Sheeran with his:

ed-sheeran-nandos.jpg

Ray, JP and Barry Dunne have been campaigning to get one by harassing various Nando's around the UK & Ireland with calls until they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Some of the Nandos people who answer the phones have been nice but the Glasgow guy wasn't the most friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Some of the Nandos people who answer the phones have been nice but the Glasgow guy wasn't the most friendly.

This is a bit off-topic but but that made me think of this Glaswegian pizza shop which Scott Mills called a few years ago. If you thought the guy Ray Foley called, check out this guy. It's absolutely hilarious :

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

^
    EPIC!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Poor Tina this morning forgetting to read the weather... :rolleyes:

Niles wrote: »
    Poor Tina this morning forgetting to read the weather... :rolleyes:

Haven't listened to Fridays podcast yet but did the cold that Deeno had get worse ?

Sure why have a weather forcast sure just look out the window and in Ireland you can make a fair stab at what the weather will be like.

Haven't listened to Fridays podcast yet but did the cold that Deeno had get worse ?

Sure why have a weather forcast sure just look out the window and in Ireland you can make a fair stab at what the weather will be like.

She was off Friday anyway, but did a nice get well shout out from DJ Jayo!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just for anyone that doesn't read the KC Show thread, Ann Gleeson made a triumphant return to the airwaves today. :)

Go on iTunes and it's the most recent podcast from KC.

Great to hear her back and in flying form. :D

Just went and listened to this. It was absolutely GREAT to hear Ann back and in flying form! Had a big smile on my face the whole time listening to her. She is such an incredibly likeable and down-to-earth person. I seriously applaud her for talking about her experience the way she did.
    Bit odd listening to KC approach it in such a heavy way, if it had been Ray & JP, it probably wouldn't have been as heavy an approach, I feel.
    Through TodayFM if anyone wants it: http://media.todayfm.com/podcast/71191/?uniqueID=12704

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I don't get to listen to the show every day, so missed the resolution of the Nando's thing but Foley said something today along the lines of he was 'told by the powers-that-be to drop it', he referenced it because he seemed to say he was told by the station manager to stop ringing TodayFM looking for pancakes for Deeno. Basically, my reading of it was that there was now two things in a row now he was told to drop by the station manager and imo he didn't seem happy about it, but they glossed over it and made a joke of it.

If true, I think its bad form by the manager. If you are going to get Foley on your station, just leave him do his thing imo.

Ringing 3 stations (TodayFM, Newstalk, Phantom) and having competing dial-tones had me in bits!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

All in the same building too - something to talk about at the kettle!

Nice bit from yesterday's podcast when they had Adrian(in the studio)and Deeno on the pod cast but Deeno being on a better line would have been better. But there is a start to the idea.

I haven't listened to today's podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Jason Todd wrote: »
    If true, I think its bad form by the manager. If you are going to get Foley on your station, just leave him do his thing imo.

This. I hope what you've said isn't the case. You bring in Foley because people love him for being a bit of a mischievous bollocks. A Dennis the Menace, lovable rogue type. That's what he does.

If you want safe, get safe. The problem for 98 is that safe has failed for them time after time.

And if you **** yourself when feathers are ruffled, you're missing the bigger picture: that this kinda stuff brings in listeners. And any advertisers you're chasing, and worried about Foley annoying, will quickly calm down and put their hands in their pockets (and if Nando's were miffed about getting free publicity then that's their own problem tbh, though I've a feeling the whole thing was an under-the-table promo in disguise. Nando's are too marketing savvy and love this kinda press, Foley could easily blag a black card if the afternoon/drive show on the same station can, etc).

Either way, if what we read is said to be the truth, then Foley is Chris Doyle's last roll of the dice. So I hope the lads stand by their convictions and the next JNLR book vindicates them. Management will quieten down then.

By the way, I take back what I said about the show a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if it's because they've settled in or I've just gotten used to it, but I'm enjoying them as much now as I ever have. And Deano and Adrian Barry deserve credit for that too, they've been great in their rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I have to say I'm enjoying the new format too now that I'm used to it. I think it was a mixture of the lads getting their sea legs in the new show and me getting used to a format that doesn't have the Today FM jingles in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Who was the answer to the Celebrity Stuck for Words that was won last Friday? The latest one didn't last as long anyway :P

Seren_ wrote: »
    Who was the answer to the Celebrity Stuck for Words that was won last Friday? The latest one didn't last as long anyway :P

The lead singer of Mumford and Sons - Marcus Mumford

Seren_ wrote: »
    The worst thing is I thought Robert Sheehan when I first heard it too..

Was shocked when it was guessed also, and then was correct... typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Bahaha!

Just listened to today's podcast only bit.

They should make ringing radio stations a regular thing. :P

• Advertisement

OK.. not using the 'Listen Back' feature anymore. Sound is just atrocious!

(and if I've to hear Of Monsters And Men, Rihanna, Ed Sheeran, Olly Murs, Pink or the like again.. I may indeed set fire to myself!)

Podcast only from now on..

Basq wrote: »
    OK.. not using the 'Listen Back' feature anymore. Sound is just atrocious!

(and if I've to hear Of Monsters And Men, Rihanna, Ed Sheeran, Olly Murs, Pink or the like again.. I may indeed set fire to myself!)

Podcast only from now on..

How much of the chat from the 3.5hrs do they actually get on to the podcast of roughly 1.5hrs? I've been using the listen back feature, but I'll be starting a new job on Monday, so I think I'll have to start using the podcast instead. I'm afraid if missing some Foley gold!! :P

How much of the chat from the 3.5hrs do they actually get on to the podcast of roughly 1.5hrs? I've been using the listen back feature, but I'll be starting a new job on Monday, so I think I'll have to start using the podcast instead. I'm afraid if missing some Foley gold!! :P
    No, all the chat from the show is on the podcast with zero of the repetitive music (well, bar the lead-in / trail to music)!

Win-win!

Listening to yesterday's podcast. I'm laughing at Deenos reaction to her realising that she was in another building and the lads had got a load of pancakes. Lol

Haha the three ringtones merged and created some weird intergalactic radio calling sign. Deeno is actually having the craic with the lads. Imagine how much of a laugh the four would have if they could be in the one studio. Damn 98fm.

They will get complaints from someone about the pope song.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

They will get complaints from someone about the pope song.

Somebody complained about pope idol already. They told whoever it was to wait until they heard the song later :D

Yay she got her pancakes.

Basq wrote: »

+1. And when Locked out of Heaven comes on, I actually switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Niles wrote: »

+1. And when Locked out of Heaven comes on, I actually switch off.

98fm has a hard-on for that song, Pink - Try, Robbie Williams - Candy and Olly Murs - Heartbreaker... seriously lads, they're soooo 2012! :P

Advertisement