Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Jason Todd wrote: »
    98fm has a hard-on for that song, Pink - Try, Robbie Williams - Candy and Olly Murs - Heartbreaker... seriously lads, they're soooo 2012! :P

Think you mean Troublemaker not heartbreaker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

heybaby wrote: »
    Think you mean Troublemaker not heartbreaker :D

That's the one! You'd think I'd know considering they play it umpteen times a day!

Anyone hear Barry Dunne dropping the f-bomb on Foley's show this morning? Was hilarious! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

That's the one! You'd think I'd know considering they play it umpteen times a day!

Anyone hear Barry Dunne dropping the f-bomb on Foley's show this morning? Was hilarious! :D
    Yep it was fairly funny alright, also when jp started talking about a female callers ring was funny. I'm sure they'll get told off about it but that's what make the show funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

No hesitation.
    No repetition.
    And judge's decision is final.

It's a game we like to call...

Ah, Yeah, OK!

:D

Hon the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    No hesitation.
    No repetition.

Ah, Yeah, OK!

Hon the lads.
    ah very nice. Were the lads off on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Someone texted with some bad spelling - said that Dermot is amazing and we're.."
    "Guys. Leave Dermot alone.. u r not a patch on him. He the greatest!"
    "Yeah, you showed us."
    "Tarzan writes.. thanks Tarzan!"
    "You no good.. Dermot good!"

Very ropey first 98fm edition of Ah Yeah ok. Why is she called big Suzanne does anyone know ? And deano is from Kildare it appears, well either that or else she has a load of family. Dermot whelan is in me hole ****ing forty. Madness.

Brilliant neighbours link.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Very ropey first 98fm edition of Ah Yeah ok. Why is she called big Suzanne does anyone know ? And deano is from Kildare it appears, well either that or else she has a load of family. Dermot whelan is in me hole ****ing forty. Madness.

I *think* it a reference to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

No hesitation.
    No repetition.

Ah, Yeah, OK!

Hon the lads.
    I was like :D when they did it! Haven't heard Eh Yeah Okay since the Blast days. Same bed/jingles and all iirc, very nostalgic!!

Today's show was really good I thought. Also, my ipod battery died when I was on the bus home so listened to Dermot & Dave and heard Johnny Lyons for the first time - JP has him to a tee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Barry Dunne is a demon on 80's music!! Has the year and everything! Would love to hear him vs. ShazAnn :D

Barry Dunne is a demon on 80's music!! Has the year and everything! Would love to hear him vs. ShazAnn :D

I thought the EXACT same thing when I heard it. Hope to god they do that sometime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Two Johnnies today was hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Pissed myself when listening to the start of yesterday's podcast today. Only the lads could turn being the 7th biggest morning show in Ireland into a positive thing. :pac: THAT'S the kinda stuff that makes people like them. By the sound of things, though, that's the kinda stuff that 98 bosses want them to stop doing. Grr.

This is just idle speculation, but does anyone else reckon we haven't got podcast only stuff in a while because the bosses are pissed with how candid they're being on them? Like, they always kind of took the piss out of Today FM on the old podcast, but they've been slagging the daily meetings and stuff a lot in the more recent podcasts...

Hope I'm wrong though and they're just busy with other stuff.

Two Johnnies was hilarious today, with Ray just pissing himself off mic and unable to continue for ages. :D

I dont have time to listen to the whole podcast tonight, but would like to hear the Two Johnnies bit, any idea roughly what time of the podcast it'd be on? I'm looking at you young William! :p

I dont have time to listen to the whole podcast tonight, but would like to hear the Two Johnnies bit, any idea roughly what time of the podcast it'd be on? I'm looking at you young William! :p

34:33 into the podcast.

34:33 into the podcast.

Nice one, cheers buddy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

This is just idle speculation, but does anyone else reckon we haven't got podcast only stuff in a while because the bosses are pissed with how candid they're being on them? Like, they always kind of took the piss out of Today FM on the old podcast, but they've been slagging the daily meetings and stuff a lot in the more recent podcasts...

Hope I'm wrong though and they're just busy with other stuff.

Two Johnnies was hilarious today, with Ray just pissing himself off mic and unable to continue for ages. :D

Agreed. While I do think the 98 bosses could be cracking down on them about it, do you think they actually take the time to listen to his podcast? If they do, then I'd say yes, if they don't, then maybe the boys are just busy elsewhere.

I hope I didn't get them in trouble then! I sent a podcast email after listening to to the podcast only bit from Tuesday last week. I said to Ray I was glad to hear how angry and bitter he sounded. He was really having a rant on Tuesday about all the stuff management won't let them do, and these daily meetings where they're constantly reprimanded and ideas are curbed. I said, from a selfish point of view, that I was glad to hear it, coz maybe he'd come back to Today FM sooner if he and JP are unhappy there.

I hope someone else in the office didn't read it and then they listened to Tuesdays podcast and the boys got in trouble!

I'm only catching up with the podcasts with Wednesdays one. Oh how I Laughed at the two johnnies part. Poor ray wasn't in the better of it haha.

Thursday: booo Tina gates you should have left Deeno go to big red for the news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Please god let Ray and JP come back..They belong on national airwaves...
    I don't listen too 98 but from reading here about Ray wanting the Nandos card for celebs I thought ha ha thats classic Foley but too hear the boss's made him drop the campaign I'm sure hes not happy about that

We're there any other on air segments or features suddenly dropped?

Serious sense of de javu with today's podcast...

How so

How so

Podcast-only bit was from last week. Someone must've just copied in the wrong file because the show is today's.

Either they have talked about the exact same things today as one day last week or someone made a **** up.

So I'm listening to the podcast only bit now and did they discuss why someone from Roscommon got on a Dublin only radio station last Friday ? Dave or suz messed up.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Either they have talked about the exact same things today as one day last week or someone made a **** up.

So I'm listening to the podcast only bit now and did they discuss why someone from Roscommon got on a Dublin only radio station last Friday ? Dave or suz messed up.

Yeah, the podcast was from last week/the week before. Just the wrong audio file attached to the start, the rest of the show is the right one. :)

I loved JP's mixed movie feature thing. Ray was hilariously harsh on it though so I don't think it'll be making a return. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I loved JP's mixed movie feature thing. Ray was hilariously harsh on it though so I don't think it'll be making a return. :P
    It did make feck all sense until you actually named the songs out loud..

Anyone on the online bandwidth go to the 98fm site or Facebook page. The early mornings REALLY aren't agreeing with ray going on that picture today.

Post pic here 😊

• Advertisement

Advertisement