Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,901 ✭✭✭✭Basq

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    "Hello, Coolock Garda Station?"
    "Yeah hello, is that Coolock Garda Station?"
    "Yeah tis, I just said that."

:P
    That was hilarious!

"Did you see Sharon Ní Bheoláin on the news last night?"
    "The head on her!"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Basq wrote: »
    That was hilarious!

"Did you see Sharon Ní Bheoláin on the news last night?"
    "The head on her!"

"What are you doing you're on mic."
    "Down the country, ballyhea."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

No podcasts makes me sad. :(

Gonna have to contend with the Listen Back it seems...

Checked it today and was only 6 minutes long..

.. did they reupload?

Today's podcast is up Nolan. Just looking at it now.

EDIT: is that six minutes in length ?

• Advertisement

Yeah, just the 6min one. I got that, I just don't consider it to be a podcast. :P

They might upload it tomorrow hopefully. Gonna use listen back later. Gonna be weird hearing ads and music during a Foley show again.

Yeah, just the 6min one. I got that, I just don't consider it to be a podcast. :P

They might upload it tomorrow hopefully. Gonna use listen back later. Gonna be weird hearing ads and music during a Foley show again.

I listened to a half an hour live this morning and I was suprised when the whole song played all the way through. The lads were obviously reading the George Hamilton(rte guy) guide to pronunciation as a certain Spanish actress's name was tried in a Spanish accent by the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Any definitive reason given yet why the 6 - 6.30 part of the show is a 'best bits' package?

Obrieski wrote: »
    Any definitive reason given yet why the 6 - 6.30 part of the show is a 'best bits' package?
    I just assumed it's a half hour they use to structure out the show and bits..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Obrieski wrote: »
    The best bits are on before 6 aswell, had to have a double take at the clock the first morning when I tuned in at around twenty to six!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I thought Ray's Joe Duffy impression during the make-up giveaway was hilarious! Go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    The best bits are on before 6 aswell, had to have a double take at the clock the first morning when I tuned in at around twenty to six!
    Are they starting not at 6am so? I never thought i'd say this, but I really miss him being available on the main dial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Chris 80 wrote: »
    Are they starting not at 6am so? I never thought i'd say this, but I really miss him being available on the main dial.
    He usually goes live just after the news update at half 6, with best bits played beforehand. Does anyone know when the best bits start as I've heard them on before 6. Whatever about having a best bits from 6 but starting them even earlier makes no sense to me.

The "PaddySpeak App" bit was f*cking quality! :D

Listened to Wednesdays show and JPs johnny Lyons bit was superb. The queen mothers chase. Haha. She's dead. Haha

And the paddy speak app part was brilliant. Maybe that was what JP was in work at 4:30 for the American guy earlier in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Anyone a bit disappointed with how the show is structured?

Listening to the podcasts and there are some hilarious moments which would be great in the prime 8-9 hour. Loved the Lidl conversation on today's podcast but they did it at 7:15?!. Ah Yeah Ok is brilliant as well. Why don't they do that at 8:20 on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

If they ditched the Kids Bit as well, there would be much more room for getting the best stuff into the prime hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Have kinda stopped listening to the podcasts as there seems to rarely any podcast only bits, v disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Anyone a bit disappointed with how the show is structured?

Listening to the podcasts and there are some hilarious moments which would be great in the prime 8-9 hour. Loved the Lidl conversation on today's podcast but they did it at 7:15?!. Ah Yeah Ok is brilliant as well. Why don't they do that at 8:20 on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

If they ditched the Kids Bit as well, there would be much more room for getting the best stuff into the prime hour.
    Then I'd never hear the best stuff :( I hear 6:30 to 7:00 and 9:30 to 10:00. Hardly ever hear any other times.

It's split up to try and get people to listen for more than just the one hour.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Then I'd never hear the best stuff :( I hear 6:30 to 7:00 and 9:30 to 10:00. Hardly ever hear any other times.

It's split up to try and get people to listen for more than just the one hour.

But the peak time for any breakfast show is 8-9am when people are on their way to school/uni/work. Most people won't get up earlier so they can hear more of the show and a lot of people don't get the podcast so it would boost their JNLRs if they put the most entertaining stuff on from 7:45.

Eh, Yeah, OK might be more entertaining than the free money bit, but they've gotta please sponsors. Sponsors probably would be pissed off if someone won €5000 off of Eh, Yeah, OK, so that kind of has to stay where it is so they can give away the bigger prizes when more people are listening.

They've started cutting the obligatory kids bit out of podcasts now it seems. So maybe a sign of things to come on the actual show? But I doubt it, as the name gives it away, it's "obligatory".

• Advertisement

Eh, Yeah, OK might be more entertaining than the free money bit, but they've gotta please sponsors. Sponsors probably would be pissed off if someone won €5000 off of Eh, Yeah, OK, so that kind of has to stay where it is so they can give away the bigger prizes when more people are listening.

They've started cutting the obligatory kids bit out of podcasts now it seems. So maybe a sign of things to come on the actual show? But I doubt it, as the name gives it away, it's "obligatory".

I'm not suggesting they ditch the Free Money Minute but they could do Ah Yeah Ok at 8:20 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

So Adrian Barry is moving to NewsTalk to replace Off the ball.. apparently..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

He'll be part of a new look Off-The-Ball by the sound of it. He's still got a few weeks at 98fm anyway. Shame, I enjoyed the 'bantz' he had with Ray, JP and Deeno.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    He'll be part of a new look Off-The-Ball by the sound of it. He's still got a few weeks at 98fm anyway. Shame, I enjoyed the 'bantz' he had with Ray, JP and Deeno.

Yeah,.. imagine the brought in Johnny Lyons as his replacement!

Gutted! :(

Deeno is good, but Adrian is superb on the show.

Shame Adrian's leaving. He added a lot to the show IMO, especially when he'd be taking the piss out of Ray and JP.

Best of luck to him at Newstalk though. TBH I can't imagine him doing an OTB type show, but I'll probably give it a listen and see.

What ?? Ah here he was having great craic with the lads aswell. He had tuned into the wavelength of the lads fairly quickly which was great.

So can we now get Deeno back to 98fm in the ACTUAL studio ? So who is replacing him ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What ?? Ah here he was having great craic with the lads aswell. He had tuned into the wavelength of the lads fairly quickly which was great.

So can we now get Deeno back to 98fm in the ACTUAL studio ? So who is replacing him ?

No Idea yet, but Richie McCormack reads at weekends sometimes he may be taking the position full time? just a though

No Idea yet, but Richie McCormack reads at weekends sometimes he may be taking the position full time? just a though

Would he have the same sense of humour and timing that adrian"sports ninja" barry with ray and JP ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Would he have the same sense of humour and timing that adrian"sports ninja" barry with ray and JP ?

Defo. Richie is very quick and was great on phantom in the mornings. Him, ray and Jp would be a great team

Advertisement