Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Our comments on Adrian just got read out on the show! Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Our comments on Adrian just got read out on the show! Haha

Which ones, or all of them?!

Did anyone hear the little jibe at KC, I hope it was good-natured! He said "Feedback... it's like a collection of radio fails... on a friday, we've been doing it for years... it was our idea"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

I'm guessing the perfect DJ from the other station that Ray & JP were taking the piss out of this morning was Darcy? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 43,901 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm guessing the perfect DJ from the other station that Ray & JP were taking the piss out of this morning was Darcy? LOL
    It always is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Haha that was my text that started it off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So can we confirm there was no podcast yesterday then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

Bard wrote: »

Who is the random chick that's randomely laughing in the background? She sounds really fake.

Chris 80 wrote: »
    Who is the random chick that's randomely laughing in the background? She sounds really fake.
    I believe you're referring to Deeno (aka Aideen Finnegan)..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aideen Finnegan. Newsreader.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Aideen Finnegan. Newsreader.
    Needs to do more than laugh.

Needs to do more than laugh.

She does. She participates in the longer chat at 6:30 and throughout the show.

Judging her input based on that clip is a little harsh, given that the clip in question was, rightly, focused on Adrian Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I hate people who laugh too, to be fair. Who do they think they are...the happy pricks...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Eh, Yeah, OK might be more entertaining than the free money bit, but they've gotta please sponsors. Sponsors probably would be pissed off if someone won €5000 off of Eh, Yeah, OK, so that kind of has to stay where it is so they can give away the bigger prizes when more people are listening.

They've started cutting the obligatory kids bit out of podcasts now it seems. So maybe a sign of things to come on the actual show? But I doubt it, as the name gives it away, it's "obligatory".

You need to stop being soooo obssessed with Foley. Its worrying.

You need to stop being soooo obssessed with Foley. Its worrying.

I'll take it under advisement. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

When you listen to someone all the time they tend to become a part of your life. You keep on stalking wnolan1992 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Listening to the extract from the show...why does it sound like Ray constantly has a cold these days.

Think he addressed his coughs in a recent show by saying it's the early mornings..

.. you'd think he'd be getting used to it by now?

They're close to 6 months in now, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Ye few months now, anytime I hear it he seems to be really nasally, I assume it's the mornings and tiredness, cant see it being a microphone issue or a compressor issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Come back too lunchtimes on national ray...well have you back nasely or coughing no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

What's with the total lack of podcast-only stuff these days?? I know last time they did one, Ray said they thought their podcast-only stuff was crap since moving to 98, so that's why they weren't doing it as much anymore, but come on! I miss the podcast-only stuff. Even when it's crap it's good! I alway like listening to them rant/chat on about stuff!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Come back too lunchtimes on national ray...well have you back nasely or coughing no problem!
    Noooo, unless they were going to have the breakfast show I don't want them to move :P I think they're really suited to the mornings! Obviously it would be better if they were on a national station though, but I think where they are suits them atm.

Did no one else hear the jibe at KC's 'Radio Fails' during the intro to 'Feedback' on Friday? Tell me someone else heard it?!! :eek::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Did no one else hear the jibe at KC's 'Radio Fails' during the intro to 'Feedback' on Friday? Tell me someone else heard it?!! :eek::o
    Was discussed already

Was discussed already
    I don't think it was? :confused:

@Jason Todd: Yep I heard him say that, but didn't think anything of it 'cause I don't listen to KC. I'm sure it wasn't meant as much of an insult anyway, especially seeing as back when they did the Blast half the show's jokes/features were robbed word for word from the Chris Moyles show.

Was discussed already

Where? :confused:
    Seren_ wrote: »
    I don't think it was? :confused:

@Jason Todd: Yep I heard him say that, but didn't think anything of it 'cause I don't listen to KC. I'm sure it wasn't meant as much of an insult anyway, especially seeing as back when they did the Blast half the show's jokes/features were robbed word for word from the Chris Moyles show.

Yeah, I assumed it was meant as a bit of a joke, but if he was getting pissy about it, it's a bit rich! :p Ah no, I think KC has changed it enough anyway, his recordings are always actually 'fails' whereas JP often just takes sound bites out of context to make them funny on Feedback.

Are the lads off this week or was it just JP then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Nope both lads are off for the week :(

They had a few best bits on today along with plenty of songs.

Any news and were Deeno and Adrian"soon to be gone" Barry off aswell ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Any news and were Deeno and Adrian"soon to be gone" Barry off aswell ?

Both of them were in today.

Advertisement