Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I think I remember Ray saying a while back that they're off for two weeks around easter.

It's annoying for this week 'cause I've nothing really to listen to in the morning, but I'm in Sligo next week so wouldn't hear the show anyway :p For anyone who likes the sort of stuff Phantom plays, they pretty much have a half hour of non-stop music between half 6 and 7, which wass nice to listen to for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Any news and were Deeno and Adrian"soon to be gone" Barry off aswell ?

No, Adrian is leaving? Balls, he's become one of the mainstays of the show. His sense of humor goes perfectly with the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Scráib wrote: »
    No, Adrian is leaving? Balls, he's become one of the mainstays of the show. His sense of humor goes perfectly with the lads!

Yep. He is going to newstalk.

Day three without ray and JP. I hope it's just for a week I really do. I might download that liveline podcast if things get bad. When they are going off I need to stockpile a few episodes to hold me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If you aren't already, there's loads of Foley-esque shows that you can podcast to get your fix: Dermot & Dave, KC (even featuring Adelle!), Strawberries, Hamish & Andy. I swear, I listen to waaaayy too many 'male duo' shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I listened for about the first hour yesterday and he used the same link over and over and over - something along the lines of "oh be careful out there Dublin it's cooold! The Ray Foley show are off this week but here are some of their best bits"

An awful bore to listen to

Oh I second leggo's recommendation of Dermot and Dave - they're awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

Seren_ wrote: »
    Oh I second leggo's recommendation of Dermot and Dave - they're awesome.

When I visit Dublin and am driving back home, I listen to Dermot and Dave. Best thing on radio imo. Love 'cheese or crackers'........Wish they were national. 2FM could do with them. Can't believe they haven't made a grab for them since Dermot is on republic of Telly????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

And BTW, from looking at these posts? How many hols do the lads have per year? They seem to be off ALL the time????

Chris 80 wrote: »
    When I visit Dublin and am driving back home, I listen to Dermot and Dave. Best thing on radio imo. Love 'cheese or crackers'........Wish they were national. 2FM could do with them. Can't believe they haven't made a grab for them since Dermot is on republic of Telly????

They may have, Dermot could certainly have the ear of the right people if he wanted to, but look what happened to Colm & Jim when they made the jump. If they're being kept happy by 98, is there any point in moving? Besides 2FM is a sinking ship. I'll be surprised if it still exists (at least under its current guise) in 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Must give Dermot and Dave a listen. What time do they start at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Synode wrote: »
    Must give Dermot and Dave a listen. What time do they start at?

3 o'clock! I only started listening to them when Foley moved to 98 but I think they are as funny, if not funnier than Foley and JP. You'd be surprised at how good Dermot Whelan is at improv. Look out for "Say Stuff That Suits the Music" and "Jingly Bits", bloody hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Do Dermot and Dave do a podcast similar to Foley? (i.e. the entire show in podcast)

Might give them a go over the weekend, though I've never been a fan of the lad that does Republic of Telly...

@Chris 80: Yeah, they've been off a lot since they went to 98. They were on for a few weeks, then off for Christmas, back for a few weeks, then out sick, back for a few weeks, then out for Easter AFAIR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Do Dermot and Dave do a podcast similar to Foley? (i.e. the entire show in podcast)

As far as i can see they don't, they break each bit up into 3 or 4 min segments, which is extremely annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Might give them a go over the weekend, though I've never been a fan of the lad that does Republic of Telly...

they're hilarious. here's a parody they did ages ago of autoglass. this was when they were on brekkie show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

leggo wrote: »
    If you aren't already, there's loads of Foley-esque shows that you can podcast to get your fix: Dermot & Dave, KC (even featuring Adelle!), Strawberries, Hamish & Andy. I swear, I listen to waaaayy too many 'male duo' shows.
    I agree with all those suggestions (particularly Hamish and Andy) except the strawberry alarm clock. It's the worst sh*t on radio. I set it as my alarm clock in the morning. I usually get up when the are doing nod your noggin. listening to it gets me so angry that I can't stay in bed.

I agree with all those suggestions (particularly Hamish and Andy) except the strawberry alarm clock. It's the worst sh*t on radio. I set it as my alarm clock in the morning. I usually get up when the are doing nod your noggin. listening to it gets me so angry that I can't stay in bed.

I don't disagree, the lads just don't seem to have their heart in it and Mark Noble's employment in 'banter'-style radio baffles me. He seems like minus craic, the type of cynical, moany **** down the pub who makes you want to blow your brains out within seconds of talking to him. Jim-Jim is talented but probably feels like he's talking to a wall at times (perhaps because that's how chatting to 'Nobby' may feel).

But I keep subscribed to their podcasts for the Paudgie and Gavin skits. They're quality stuff. And Jim still has the odd inspired moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Here we go ... a classic keyboard warrior moment ( double face palm )

" Strawberry alarmclock ... it's ... it's ... it's the worst ****e on radio ... i tell ya ... the worst ... such ****e ... my god ...

When i wake up with it every morning that thing they do wrecks my head .... i tell ya !!!

STOP CHILD.

PLEASE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

LeakyGee wrote: »
    Here we go ... a classic keyboard warrior moment ( double face palm )

" Strawberry alarmclock ... it's ... it's ... it's the worst ****e on radio ... i tell ya ... the worst ... such ****e ... my god ...

When i wake up with it every morning that thing they do wrecks my head .... i tell ya !!!

STOP CHILD.

PLEASE.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

So no podcast only bits at all?
    Podcasts have really gone down hill

• Advertisement

youngblood wrote: »
    So no podcast only bits at all?
    Podcasts have really gone down hill

Well it's partly because they said unless they had something to say they wouldn't do a podcast only bit, and something about the studio they do it in not being a full studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Really wish they'd get the "Listen Back" feature sorted on 98fm, it's a bit of a hit & miss if the show will actually be up there lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,901 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was coming here to say the exact same thing.. random hours from the past few weeks.

Was they back on this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Yeah they were back on this morning after the Easter Holidays, but nothing up on the listen back bit. Normally they would have the first few parts up at this stage.

Well it's partly because they said unless they had something to say they wouldn't do a podcast only bit, and something about the studio they do it in not being a full studio.
    Yep, there's only the one studio in the 98fm office. The one they do the podcast from would probably be the former news studio place which is absolutely tiny and v basic so can see why the podcasts aren't happening often.

Very glad to have Ray and JP back this morning!! And the music selection was slightly better than normal.

Went to search for the podcast again this Morning and who ever is uploading it to iTunes(in my case downcast) has put 318 episodes of the podcast which is like the motherload. The earliest one I saw was August 2011 so lads fill your boots.

The break did them well..

.. very solid podcast today IMO.

Basq wrote: »
    The break did them well..

.. very solid podcast today IMO.

Solid podcast ? As on podcast only bit or the podcast as a whole ? Is Adrian still there or has he left yet ? Outside of foley I don't listen to 98 fm despite having the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Solid podcast ? As on podcast only bit or the podcast as a whole ? Is Adrian still there or has he left yet ? Outside of foley I don't listen to 98 fm despite having the app.

Podcast as a whole I assume. No podcast only bit today either.

Adrian's still there. Not sure how much longer he has at 98.

• Advertisement

Adrian's still there. Not sure how much longer he has at 98.
    It's his last week at 98FM.. they said it during the show / podcast.

Gutted.. he's great! :(

Advertisement