Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

He is taking a lot of holidays so far this year. Surely he can't be that over worked and stressed, doing what he does...basically having the craic!

Marty seems like a nice enough fella, but sounds bland as butter, compared to the usual three in that spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Marty Miller sucks! Worst Foley fill in since cawley.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh Today FM ya dumb ****s, why not get KC to fill in??? (When he's not in for Dempsey(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Fago! wrote: »
    Marty Miller sucks! Worst Foley fill in since cawley.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh Today FM ya dumb ****s, why not get KC to fill in??? (When he's not in for Dempsey(

*About Happy Hour* "Foley looks for cheesy stuff...but I don't" *Proceeds to play songs that are otherwise on the radio nearly every day :mad:

COME BACK, FOLEY!!!!

COME BACK FOLEY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Barname wrote: »
    foley and his 'team' are plagiarizers

they might impress a few greenhorn bogwater slurpers but that will not take him very far

sad sad show

You're right about the plagiarism.
    The celebrity news bit with stories made from puns of their names is a rip off of Stewart Lee and Rich Herring in the nineties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

The celebrity news bit with stories made from puns of their names is a rip off of Stewart Lee and Rich Herring in the nineties.
    The whole show is a (poor) rip off of Steve Wright's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

so who else is doing anything more interesting and fresh than Ray Foley and his team in the same slot every afternoon? At least they have a laugh, and are enjoyable to listen to.

Doubtful there are many anoraks out there listening to RFS from 12-2.30 who remember Stewart Lee and Rich Herring in the nineties? I certainly don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dvjireland

The guy who does them is Paul Carass.
    A great club jock. works in today fm.
    www.soundcloud.com/paulcarass to listen to his Mixes

found him on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

The whole show is a (poor) rip off of Steve Wright's show.

But in fairness they acknowledge that they are ripping off the guys they listened to on radio. Even the Fun Bus a few weeks back was a rip off of the Aussie lads.

Not the greatest show on radio by a long shot but the only one worth listening too at lunchtime. And with D'Arcy taking a more serious tone now I kinda like the stupidity of it all for a couple of hours. Just to get a break from the constant reminders of the sh*t we're in.

dvjireland wrote: »

found him on facebook

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

dvjireland wrote: »

found him on facebook

I think it was just his mix last Friday (v good one too) It's usually Niall Boylan as far as I know.

no paul carass does them now for the show.has done the last month of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Sorry didn't realise it was yourself! ;) Good mix last week.
    Dvj Ireland are: Paul Carass & David O Gara

Dave here :p il pass the message onto him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DaForceCork

What software are ye using?

Bit off topic lads!

If I may get this back on topic...FOLEY'S BAAACK!!!! :D

And...Ann's getting her shtones out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

If I may get this back on topic...FOLEY'S BAAACK!!!! :D

OUch. Whatever that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Bit off topic lads!

They were discussing Mix It Friday, which is part of the Foley show ... so it was still on topic.

I liked "My mate, Niall" Boylan's mixes, but Paul Carass' ones are pretty class too, it must be said - good work, fellah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I feel 'Mix it Friday' is just a easy cop out of the show for Foley,not denying the quality of Niall or Pauls mixing for a moment,just feel it's not a great thing for a friday at 2pm.

• Advertisement

"On Friday lunchtime, we'll play you lots of dance.
    We think it's cool, even if you think it's pants!"

Friday is pretty much a "feck it, it's the weekend!" show. The first hour is as normal, now that Lazy Radio is gone, but then there's the Happy Hour and then Mix.

I think it fits in pretty well, gets me really pumped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

it seems everything he does or says gets the same reaction..... so and so did that already, etc.
    that criticism could probably be leveled at every radio show everywhere at this stage.

Wha?

Wha?

Ann had gallstones.

longshanks wrote: »
    it seems everything he does or says gets the same reaction..... so and so did that already, etc.

True. He's quite the plagiarist, and he doesn't hide it. However the bits he's nicked from other shows and done again on his show are bits that most of his listeners won't have heard before and are bits he does quite well.
    that criticism could probably be leveled at every radio show everywhere at this stage.

Not really, no. His show is different to most on Irish radio. Plus, personality wise, Ray on the radio is quite... marmitey. He can't help it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Bard wrote: »
    True. He's quite the plagiarist, and he doesn't hide it. However the bits he's nicked from other shows and done again on his show are bits that most of his listeners won't have heard before and are bits he does quite well.

exactly

Ann had gallstones.

Ah. Ewww.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Bard wrote: »

Not really, no. His show is different to most on Irish radio. Plus, personality wise, Ray on the radio is quite... marmitey. He can't help it :)

i'm neither defending nor denigrating the show, just pointing out that all the items they do on the show have been done elsewhere before. the easy quizzes, the funbus thing, the eh, yeah or ok bit. also i wasn't just thinking of irish radio. in this day and age there aren't any radio shows that are truly original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brian26235

Anybody know where I can download Mix it Friday??

• Advertisement

Not todays one... but up until last Friday...

http://soundcloud.com/paulcarass

Advertisement