Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 NotThePope

Scráib wrote: »
    Wow, The Saturdays on the show this morning. That was a big win for Foley. Were they on any other show?

They were on D'Arcy yesterday on TodayFM alright, not sure about today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

NotThePope wrote: »
    They were on D'Arcy yesterday on TodayFM alright, not sure about today.

Did he do the una Healy sketch?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Did he do the una Healy sketch?

Sure he couldn't unless he got "una Saturday" to record a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Scráib wrote: »
    Wow, The Saturdays on the show this morning. That was a big win for Foley. Were they on any other show?

I thought they only appeared on weekend shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

The Ann-Una Skits were some of the funniest radio I
    have ever heard in my life.

I really miss them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What was the "Big Scoop for 98FM" that Deeno mentioned going into the 9:30 news does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    What was the "Big Scoop for 98FM" that Deeno mentioned going into the 9:30 news does anyone know?

Was it the thing about Ryan Seacrest and the film he's making? She said something along the lines of: a film is being brought out by 98fm.....'s Ryan Seacrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Was it the thing about Ryan Seacrest and the film he's making? She said something along the lines of: a film is being brought out by 98fm.....'s Ryan Seacrest.

Something about gwyneth paltrow

Ah, so nothing important then. :)

At least it gave JP the opportunity to do his coup joke. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

The Saturdays? If I hear that' I wanna get away, just get away' tune thats used for Failte Ireland 1 more time, I'll sew my earlobes together. How can that be a coup? What? they wrote 1 new tune in 4 yrs? Please.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

Chris 80 wrote: »
    The Saturdays? If I hear that' I wanna get away, just get away' tune thats used for Failte Ireland 1 more time, I'll sew my earlobes together. How can that be a coup? What? they wrote 1 new tune in 4 yrs? Please.......

OOps I meant the heathers. But not much still to be blowing about IMO. Yawn. I prefer artists that actually write their own songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

Little off topic but that heathers tune you're referring too was written by them 100%.

On another note I agree it's now very annoying :)

On foley though. The show really does sound much fresher since they came back from hols. And the music has improved vastly.

On foley though. The show really does sound much fresher since they came back from hols. And the music has improved vastly.

"We're Dublin's Best Music Mix...... No, seriously!" :P

I wonder what's changed? They get a new guy in for the playlists? I'm inclined to think something has happened internally given Ray is constantly mentioning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

"We're Dublin's Best Music Mix...... No, seriously!" :P

I wonder what's changed? They get a new guy in for the playlists? I'm inclined to think something has happened internally given Ray is constantly mentioning it.

I think the gag is that they're being told to say it by management. Though there probably have been some small changes to compliment that, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hilarious lion king skit this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Loved the Bobby Kerr story and impressions. Gas

Haven't listened to today's podcast but Jesus is pink paying 98fm money ? Every morning at roughly the same time they play it. I mean pink isn't the worst but please let the song fall down the charts so they will stop playing the fecking thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Haven't listened to today's podcast but Jesus is pink paying 98fm money ? Every morning at roughly the same time they play it. I mean pink isn't the worst but please let the song fall down the charts so they will stop playing the fecking thing.

Same goes for Bastille, Robbie Williams, Passenger and Bruno Mars. So sick of the 98 playlist. It's worse than Today FM's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

But haven't you noticed that the music on 98 is much better lately?? :P

I hate that Pink/singer from Fun song. Actually I hate most Pink songs in general. Which says a lot 'cause I tend to like everything!

I'm the same Seren. I love basically every genre of music, and honestly I like most of what snippets of songs I hear on the podcast, but good lord, every time a pink song starts, I have to scan through the podcast until it fades out.

• Advertisement

I'm the same Seren. I love basically every genre of music, and honestly I like most of what snippets of songs I hear on the podcast, but good lord, every time a pink song starts, I have to scan through the podcast until it fades out.

Too much context Nolan.:D

Is it just me or has the music got better on 98fm ?

Btw who is better Ann or Deeno ?

Ann for me. Deeno was very grumpy on the show the other day. Foley and JP were taking the mick.

Synode wrote: »
    Ann for me. Deeno was very grumpy on the show the other day. Foley and JP were taking the mick.

Was she ? Well to be fair she is up at an ungodly hour unlike Ann. And I think it Would work better if Deeno was ACTUALLY in the studio but a minor detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

I don't know why people expect Deeno to be as funny as Ann. Everyone has a different personality, and yes she does have to get up early to do a serious job. Ann mainly sat in the studio and had a laugh with the boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

I never listened in the Today FM era so I can't pass comment on Ann but I think Deeno is great on the show. Her personality is starting to be expressed more now that Adrian is gone. She's up at a ridiculously early time and has to prepare half-hourly bulletins so all in all, I think she contributes well to the talkback after the news updates. It would be better if she was actually in the studio as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

While i was not a regular listener or a big fan of Foley on Today fm I do think he is more suited to the breakfast show, time of day and given time he should take a lot of listeners from fm 104's Strawberry. Foley and co are a slick well oiled machine with tonnes of ideas and personality in comparison with the often stilted vacant charisma lacking duo on fm104.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 comegowithme

heybaby wrote: »
    While i was not a regular listener or a big fan of Foley on Today fm I do think he is more suited to the breakfast show, time of day and given time he should take a lot of listeners from fm 104's Strawberry. Foley and co are a slick well oiled machine with tonnes of ideas and personality in comparison with the often stilted vacant charisma lacking duo on fm104.

So Foley "should take a lot of listeners from fm 104's strawberry". Bit of a comedown from your last observation on how Foley would impact on 104's breakfast figures.

Understandable I guess given the recent figures....

So Foley "should take a lot of listeners from fm 104's strawberry". Bit of a comedown from your last observation on how Foley would impact on 104's breakfast figures.

What exactly was heybaby's last observation?

And you registered just to post that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ugh, guessing this is someone from 104 considering it's their first post.

104 do a good job with the way they programme their station, having the shows that get the biggest reaction in the morning and at late night (so people go to bed listening to 104 and wake up with it still on).

That doesn't really account for quality, though. The Strawberries are very tired sounding these days (and I loved that show when I was younger, as I've said many times before, so I'm not biased either way). If 98 were to stick on something different at night that'd get people talking, they'd probably kill 104 over time, considering that their daily line-up is probably stronger when you add Dermot & Dave to the mix.

FM104 are #1 on habit and good programming alone. Those are problems that are (relatively) easy to fix. Having someone talented that can win listeners is the hard part. Right now, 98 have that, they just need to figure out the rest (playlist very much included). Don't put too much weight on one JNLR book - it's not as one-sided a race as it looks by any means.

If you want, consider 98 as Manchester City that season after they had the big injection of cash: they're not going to win the league right away, but they did in just two years when they organised the influx of added talent into a well-oiled machine.

Advertisement