Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massage Oil?

Options
  • 15-02-2010 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on where to get this stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Body Shop on Henry street has a nice selection of massage oils for general aches and pains.
    Anne Summers, O'Connell street, is better if you want more sensual/erotic massage oils. They have three for two offers on at the moment, so handy If you want to stock up.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

boots, dunnes, €2 shop, chemist, pennys, next, tk maxx, tesco, dunnes etc.

absolutely everwhere:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The best massage oil is almond oil but most nut oils will do unless you or the person it is being applied to is allergic to nuts.

Or I find a better bet is to get a massage bar from Lush, there is one on henry st and college street.
    It's solid but body heat starts it melting so it's easier to rub on, won't spill, won't be cold, can't be knocked over.
    I recommended fever and soft couer for couples sensual massage or therapy or wiccy magic muscles for helping sort out your muscles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Or I find a better bet is to get a massage bar from Lush, there is one on henry st and college street.
    It's solid but body heat starts it melting so it's easier to rub on, won't spill, won't be cold, can't be knocked over.

How exactly do you use these? Do you rub the massage bar directly onto the skin or do you take a piece off and rub it in your hands first?
    The Lush massage bars smell divine but I dont know how to use them properly :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Either will do.
    Personally to start I will rub the bottom of the bar with my hand to get it going and then slowly rub it along the skin or you can leave it on the other person until it starts to slide.
    As the massage progresses and thier body already has a base coating you can either apply it directly or rub it on your hands and apply it that way.
    I usually end up 'parking' the bar on the next section of the body I intend working on so that it stays at body temp, at which it is desgined to melt. The bars are also desgined to fit in your hand so they are not awkward for when smoothing down the body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Nevyn wrote: »
    The best massage oil is almond oil but most nut oils will do unless you or the person it is being applied to is allergic to nuts.

I recommended fever and soft couer for couples sensual massage or therapy or wiccy magic muscles for helping sort out your muscles.

Where would I get sweet almond oil in Dublin and how much is it per litre roughly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Grapeseed oil is one of the best and great for the skin.You can buy it in most stores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

caseyann wrote: »
    Grapeseed oil is one of the best and great for the skin.You can buy it in most stores :)

do you mean rapeseed oil? have never heard of grapeseed oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Grapeseed_Oil_118ml_350w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

do you mean rapeseed oil? have never heard of grapeseed oil.

Boom boom :D
    Look above :)

Dunnes stores sells it and most other stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Where would I get sweet almond oil in Dublin and how much is it per litre roughly?

You'd get it in Health Stores, not sure about price per litre, it'd usually be in small bottles, but you don't need much per massage tbh. Unless this is for some kind of wrestling in a paddling pool or something :pac:

Advertisement