Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackthorns and punctures

• 15-02-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I need to clear a small area of blackthorn bushes about two or three feet high for REPS work. (Encroachment).
    Would I get a hundred punctures if I drove in there with tractor and land topper? Newish 4WD drive Case tractor with newish tyres back and front.
    Thick tyres on front as well. (sorry, dont' know much about tractors).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

I need to clear a small area of blackthorn bushes about two or three feet high for REPS work. (Encroachment).
    Would I get a hundred punctures if I drove in there with tractor and land topper? Newish 4WD drive Case tractor with newish tyres back and front.
    Thick tyres on front as well. (sorry, dont' know much about tractors).

Thanks.
    Btw are u seriously thinking of cutting blackthorn bushes wit a topper!:confused: I dont no wat type of blackthorn bushes you gave if you can cut em wit a topper!! I was pushin bk whitethorn bushes and briars wit my loader and bucket there on saturday and sunday and we seemed to get along grand;)...No punctures neway:D And it done a mighty job on the hedge as it was coming into the field and was covering my electric fence de feckers were. Wel i,v an 08 4WD zetor wit big tyres 90% min:D and they were well able 4 it!:) Wat kind of topper du u hav fully offset or semi offset? But i doubt you'l hav any problems especially wen i got thru and i was doing it wit a front loader.!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, I'm seriously thinking of cutting them with a topper.
    They are only a foot or two tall. We did bits before like them and got away with it. It's in a rough area as in not great pasture land.
    I'm sorry I'm not well up on machinery.
    It's my brother's tractor and topper. I'm not sure what you mean by offset. As far as I can remember from the once I used it it's almost straight behind the tractor.

You reckon I'll be OK to chance it so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, I'm seriously thinking of cutting them with a topper.
    They are only a foot or two tall. We did bits before like them and got away with it. It's in a rough area as in not great pasture land.
    I'm sorry I'm not well up on machinery.
    It's my brother's tractor and topper. I'm not sure what you mean by offset. As far as I can remember from the once I used it it's almost straight behind the tractor.

You reckon I'll be OK to chance it so?
    Well now dats my experience wit them anyway i reckon u'd be sound especially wen u'v good tyres on a newish 4WD case!;) Ya i suppose if der only a foot or two high you'd b ok wit a topper. Ya well its probly semi offset that means that its almost directly behind the tractor, it doesnt cut behind one wheel (this is so that only one wheel is only driving over untopped grass) whereas fully offset means that de machine is not any longer behing tractor its completly off to one side (no wheels drive on untopped gras........better job!;)) If u had a fully offset u wouldnt need to drive over the hedges at all!:D also how big of a field we talking about? Because if it wasnt to big you cud reverse over perpendicularly to the hedge?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Job done! No punctures. My brother did the job today.
    It was only about a half acre. Reversed over most of them
    with the topper.
    Pushed a lot of others in towards the wall with the front bucket
    and then went back over that with the topper.
    It done a great job on them.
    There was a light snow shower when we were doing the job
    and it made me think we must be the only people in the country
    out in a field with a land topper in February. icon12.gif

Advertisement