Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Big Breasts and Me on 3e

• 15-02-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Documentary on now about the trials and tribulations of big breasted women. It's definitely not all fun and games... I feel your pain girls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The cost of a breast reduction is a hell of a lot and not enough money and research has gone into improving and refining breast reduction surgery as it's not as glamorous and there can be considerable scaring after one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I didn't watch the show, but I saw the ad... I can imagine how horrible and painful it must be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yes, Thaedydal, they were saying that there can be a reduction in nipple sensation and it can even affect breast feeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Girl I know got this done about 4 years ago. her breasts look fantastic now and the scarring is becoming less and less noticeable. (eh...apparently)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Yes, Thaedydal, they were saying that there can be a reduction in nipple sensation and it can even affect breast feeding.

Going on people I met in hospital recently after giving birth, having overly large breasts can be an impediment to breastfeeding in and of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

as the not-so-proud-owner of big boobs, i am saving so that one day i can have a reduction.

i've researched it very well and discussed it with my GP, and i feel the benefits outweigh the risks for me

i wont be having kids so the breast-feeding thing isnt an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The cost of a breast reduction is a hell of a lot and not enough money and research has gone into improving and refining breast reduction surgery as it's not as glamorous and there can be considerable scaring after one.

I wouldn't say breast reduction is glamorous at all. Unlike augmentation, it's usually done for health reasons, rather than out of vanity.

As far as I know, in England / Northern Ireland, you can get a free reduction under the NHS if your doctor can certify your breasts are causing you considerable pain (back aches etc).
    Not sure if there's any such scheme available in the republic.

I haven't seen the 3E documentary but I'd be interested to see it.
    Quite often, people think it's more advantageous or 'better' to be a woman with large breasts, but I think anyone who's experienced them first hand will know that's not always the case.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A friend of mine has got E/F boobs and a 32 back, she complains about lower back pain a lot and of course he friends all wish theirs were her size.

I know she's thought about a reduction a few times but doubt she'll ever actually get it done in case something goes wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

A friend of mine has got E/F boobs and a 32 back, she complains about lower back pain a lot and of course he friends all wish theirs were her size.

I know she's thought about a reduction a few times but doubt she'll ever actually get it done in case something goes wrong.

I'd never want to be that size. I like mine the way they are - present and correct but small. When you have small ones you never face the issue of them being round your knees after 30, or having backache from carting them round. The bigger ones don't stand up to gravity as easily, no matter how hard you try.

You can wear a push-up bra to take the smaller ones for an outing, but you can't take the big ones off for a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm a 32F/FF/G depending on the shop and time of the month but I don't find them particularly problematic or unusually large. To me they are just my breasts and that's what they look like. I am always careful about buying proper bras and obviously certain tops and dresses don't always fit, especially as I am short and have a 26" waist. But to be completely honest I love my breasts and wouldn't trade them for anyone's. (Especially as they are extremely sensitive to touch and I can orgasm pretty strongly through having them played with.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I know what its like to have enormous boobs from being pregnant. No thanks. No way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

Thaedydal wrote: »

I've watched a fair few surgery shows over the years and when they're doing reductions they never seem to take the same care stiching up after a reduction as they do with someone who's had them enlarged no wonder there's such scaring. I've a friend who has issues with big boobs and she wont get a reduction purly cos of the scars.

Advertisement