Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks whoring is no longer the thrill it once was.

Options
  • 15-02-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Sigh...I used to get such a thrill about getting "thanked". I felt validated and verified. It was such a thrill. Now,it's a sad and empty feeling,if you could call it that, when I'm thanked.:(
    Can anyone relate to this sad and sorry situation?
    Tagged:

Comments

<obligatory smart alec pun-tastic/simpsons joke reply>

CHAAANGEEE PLAAACEEESS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Xluna wrote: »
    Sigh...I used to get such a thrill about getting "thanked". I felt validated and verified. It was such a thrill. Now,it's a sad and empty feeling,if you could call it that, when I'm thanked.:(

Translating to: Please ****ing thank me, I'm getting the jitters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

I think people post stuff like this hoping to get ironic thanks

The REAL "thanks whores"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Once I got over 1000 posts thanks, I stopped caring TBH!!! Thankswhoring does get really boring!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Speak for yourself. :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

<wonders how long it takes for thread to be moved to the cuckoos nest>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Like a drug the more you use it the less affect it has .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

I just got my 500th post & 3 stars, so didn't have to start a new thread as an excuse to move from 498 posts to 500..:D....try the Films forum...theres probably something there you can post on to get you ure extra star?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

bet ya thought that'd get a load of thanks eh? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

ball wrote: »
    I think people post stuff like this hoping to get ironic thanks

The REAL "thanks whores"

And yet I thanked your post. I hope this blows your mind.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Learn how to shoop and enter the AH competition, that's where the goldmine is

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

It seems like every second day someone posts up something about thanks it getting very wearing :mad:

The Admins should just disable the thanks button because a lot of people are getting obsessed about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I feel for your situation OP I really do..............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement