Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I've heard the living with a friend thing can happen if you're both persistent about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I've heard the living with a friend thing can happen if you're both persistent about it.
    True
    Wendero wrote: »
    Hm... I thought River was mixed, but that village and rye weren't. But maybe I just got it wrong.
    Partly true. Village is mostly same sex appartments but the top floors can be mixed. River and Rye are mixed. Village is the best craic though, can be a bit too wild for some though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fraochin

Hey everyone,

Myself and my friend are currently looking for a house in Maynooth and the best deals seem to be with four bed houses so we are looking for two more people. We're 25 and 26 so would prefer people 22 and over if possible!

We're both outgoing so we'd love other outgoing people to get in touch if you're interested. Hoping to arrange a few viewings for next week!

Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks, Heather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

no chance of campus accom so lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PadraigD

Campus for first years will be offered next tuesday or wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

story if i have just applied like there!?

No idea man, was told weeks ago dat campus places are issued the day after the cao offers, only 40% of 1st years get a place

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pakb1ue

no chance of campus accom so lads?

Just keep on to the Residence Office because you would be surprised how some people get in also a lot of people drop out in the first few weeks of college thus freeing up space.

A few of my friends who were second and third year students said that they where commuting 6 hours in total a day to get to Maynooth (and it does take that long but he was staying in that religious place just off campus) and they gave him him a place a month after college started another one of my friends got campus about a week before college started saying he had some medical reason they gave it to him.

On campus is very expensive, its the most expensive I paid for my acc in my four years in Maynooth and back then it was only €400 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yo, there's gonna be a room free in my house from September 24th. The rent is 325 euro a month for a huge double room. Big house, huge garden, sharing with 2 postgrads and an international student. House has all mod cons. If you're interested send me a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yo, there's gonna be a room free in my house from September 24th. The rent is 325 euro a month for a huge double room. Big house, huge garden, sharing with 2 postgrads and an international student. House has all mod cons. If you're interested send me a PM!
    Quick question, will you take someone for September to February only ie. one term ?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

how can i get my hands on a housing list today?

i emailed them a minute ago but i dont know if ill get a reply today and i hope to go to maynooth on monday to have snoop around

could someone mail it to me or some way of getting it?

actually can someone give me a pointer here i found a house in kingsbry,
    3 Bedrooms (1 single, 2 twin rooms), and 1 Bathroom.
    300 euros per week. worth looking at?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

RULE BREAKING KILLS KITTENS

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Quick question, will you take someone for September to February only ie. one term ?

Prefer someone longer term to be honest. We're losing another person in December too.

UglyFuc wrote: »

i emailed them a minute ago but i dont know if ill get a reply today and i hope to go to maynooth on monday to have snoop around

Just go look at everything! Then decide, it's a buyers/renters market.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

UglyFuc wrote: »

Log into NUIM and check this link. On the left hand side of the page there's a tab that says 'Housing List - 2010/11'

http://residence.nuim.ie/

Prefer someone longer term to be honest. We're losing another person in December too.
    Ah, that's ok, I understand, thanks anyway :)

Well you can come see the room if you want, that wasn't a definite no like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

I've advertised in the "Third Level Accommodation" forum in Soc, but this seems to be where all the Maynooth action is:). My house might suit some of the people here. Check out the link if you're interested in a house share in Beaufield!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056006959

I've dropped the price.....................making it irresistable!!

Well you can come see the room if you want, that wasn't a definite no like :)
    Well sure keep looking for someone that'll take it for the full term, doesn't make much difference to me, and if you're not having any luck let me know as I'm still looking for somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OrliD

******ROOM TO LET******

Single bedroom on Parsons Street, right opposite South Campus gate and less than 2 minute walk from the town.
    Sharing with 2 girls and a guy, all 2nd years.
    PM me if interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Hi, got the course that I wanted and will now be heading to Maynooth:D

I applied for on-campus accommodation back in February, but found out today that I'll not be getting it as my name wasn't picked in the lottery. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do now? I'm from Donegal so travelling down to Kildare every morning won't be easy.:o

Dont worry kid, lots of us are in the same boat. Only thing u can do is get a housing list off of the college or search on daft.ie or rent.ie for houseshare. There are loads of houses available but u'll need to have at least 3-4 ppl wit u to get a decent house. Look for ppl who need accommodation aswell (like myself) and go lookin at houses for a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Hi, got the course that I wanted and will now be heading to Maynooth:D

I applied for on-campus accommodation back in February, but found out today that I'll not be getting it as my name wasn't picked in the lottery. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do now? I'm from Donegal so travelling down to Kildare every morning won't be easy.:o

I called the residence office today and they told me I wasn't picked either but they said they will have a second round draw next week and there's a chance for those who missed out to get picked for on-campus accommodation. Also the one on the phone said they will give us housing lists if we don't get picked again. So let's just hope we'll get picked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

went up and got a house in kingsbry today, woohoo 2nd year here I come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

I called the residence office today and they told me I wasn't picked either but they said they will have a second round draw next week and there's a chance for those who missed out to get picked for on-campus accommodation. Also the one on the phone said they will give us housing lists if we don't get picked again. So let's just hope we'll get picked! :)

They didn't say anything about a second round draw to me. Sounds good though, fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 aineofla

Hey does anyone know what Maynooth Park,Moyglare,Parklands,Silken Vale,Straffan Wood and Castlebridge are like? And how far they are away from the college?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!;):)

Go to google maps and type in the names of the estates and you can see where they all are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 aineofla

Tried it it didn't work kept sending me to dublin and way outside maynooth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 flightlessbird

e-mail the college for a list of house shares or whatever and they send you out a map of maynooth.

residence.office@nuim.ie

or, alternatively, just ask for the map I guess.

it's really useful, i used it to find my way around when looking for accommodation

• Advertisement

aineofla wrote: »
    Tried it it didn't work kept sending me to dublin and way outside maynooth!

Not doing it right so.

Advertisement