Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laureennc

Keegan4 wrote: »
    Hey, myself and a friend (both first years) have almost definatley secured a 4 bedroom house about 10 minutes away from nuim. We have 2 rooms available and there rent is 340 euros a month. There is a 500 euro deposit also. PM me if interested, thanks. (also would you please include a few details about yourself)

Hi there, Just seen your post and my friend and I are very interested in sharing a house with use.
    We are both females (18yrs) and first years and we are both studying Arts in NUIM this year.
    If you could email me more details if the rooms are still available that would be great!
    my email is laureennc@hotmail.com and my name is Lauren Cunningham.
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 The Plank

18 year old second year student looking for a room, any room, in the town of Maynooth, ANY room.
    *I maintain a level of hygiene which is not unreasonable.
    *Willing to clean all of the s**t that builds up in the kitchen sink on a fairly regular basis (once a month).
    *I have a Netflix account which prospective housemates may use to view new episodes of Breaking Bad.
    *I am not a couple.
    *I am not a violent/angry/depressed drinker.
    If you have got anything which may help my efforts then please feel free to PM me.
    Yours Sincerely,
    The Plank

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iynes

From Kilkenny/Carlow border. If anybody needs to fill a house I suppose I wouldn't mind volunteering :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ReecesPieces

Well I have a room free for the first three weeks in September. So if anyone is badly stuck for the first week of college while they are getting setup it is there. Would be 75e for the week.

Wirelessdude01 just pm's you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Keegan4

Sorry to anyone I did not reply to but we filled the rooms and got the house :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Nicki20

Finally managed to secure a two bedroom apartment with my friend in Kingsbry yesterday after days of phone calls, emails and going up and down from Donegal. Best of luck to everyone else in finding something, hold on in there and you'll be sure to get something sorted. Just check the listings regularly and get that call in the minute something comes up! Look forward to meeting yas all in a couple of weeks hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

The Plank wrote: »
    18 year old second year student looking for a room, any room, in the town of Maynooth, ANY room.
    *I maintain a level of hygiene which is not unreasonable.
    *Willing to clean all of the s**t that builds up in the kitchen sink on a fairly regular basis (once a month).
    *I have a Netflix account which prospective housemates may use to view new episodes of Breaking Bad.
    *I am not a couple.
    *I am not a violent/angry/depressed drinker.
    If you have got anything which may help my efforts then please feel free to PM me.
    Yours Sincerely,
    The Plank

I got the double room in number 12 Greenfield Drive. Try call for the single room. Number is on house sharing list

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Carmel Murphy

HI

I am looking for accommodation for my daughter who is going into first year in Maynooth. Anyone know of any rooms in houses going?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JellyBeanx

Hi :) I was lucky enough to get on-campus accommodation( was a major relief!) in the river apartment block. Just wondering did anyone else get there? Or does anyone know what they're like? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

JellyBeanx wrote: »
    Hi :) I was lucky enough to get on-campus accommodation( was a major relief!) in the river apartment block. Just wondering did anyone else get there? Or does anyone know what they're like? :D

I saw the different apartments on the open day there. River were OK, basic but grand.

Village were fabulous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mariak22

Hi! Unfortunatley I wasn't lucky enough to get a room on-campus. :( Therefore I am looking for an accomodation for the first Semester only as I am in Maynooth as an Erasmus Student. Does anyone know, where I could find a room? I am a 22 years old Austrian and study comparative literature. Would be nice to hear from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Mariak22 wrote: »
    Hi! Unfortunatley I wasn't lucky enough to get a room on-campus. :( Therefore I am looking for an accomodation for the first Semester only as I am in Maynooth as an Erasmus Student. Does anyone know, where I could find a room? I am a 22 years old Austrian and study comparative literature. Would be nice to hear from you :)

At this stage your best bet would probably be digs or self catering (I.e living with a family) check out the three lists for off-campus accommodation on www.residence.nuim.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

fartyarse wrote: »
    May have found a nice 5 bed, 10 minute walk from the college. Can folks PM me their phone numbers please as if it's decent I'll be looking for three-four housemates!!

*** HOUSE IS GONE ***

That was in Moyglare, wasn't it? I was looking at that one myself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I got River, Joyce floor! Saw them on the open day too, they were grand.. room's a little small but that's to be expected really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I saw the different apartments on the open day there. River were OK, basic but grand.

Village were fabulous.

fry.PNG?1307468855

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nessieos

I got River, Joyce floor! Saw them on the open day too, they were grand.. room's a little small but that's to be expected really.

I got Rye hall but funds have fallen through so now I fear I'll have to give it up.

GUTTED!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 David J.

Anyone looking for 1 more to fill there house, Im sound out! First year Music Tech student (Im 21 got in through PLC). Pm me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

Village were fabulous.

How good was village!? I got a place there and haven't seen a picture even...don't know what I'm going to get really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ReecesPieces

nessieos wrote: »
    I got Rye hall but funds have fallen through so now I fear I'll have to give it up.

GUTTED!!!

talk to the residence office, One of my house mates from last was able to pay his rent every week, so if that makes things easier for you then you should give them a ring and see what they can do... hope this helps :)

By the way Im in Rye 2! what apartment did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thomast

First year Arts student looking for a room and I'm getting fairly desperate at this stage ha. I'm 18, clean, hygienic and up for a small bit of the craic :P .. If anyway knows of anything at all I would appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 thomast

nessieos if you do have to give it up is there any chance I could get the details so I can ring the residence office about it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I'm in River again this year, for the 3rd time and I've to say overall the place is really nice.. I've stayed in Rye before too, which was grand but it's no River like!

What building'd you get?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Heraklej

Well, my application for on campus accommodation didn't go through. So, I am opened to suggestions. Anyone know about anyone looking for a roommate? Well, preferably anyone who's looking for someone to rent a single? :-) I'm a 25 old guy, fairly neat and am looking for accommodation for the first semester only. Erasmus law student and such.

Cheers :-)

Unfortunately I don't know about anyone who's searching for a roommate, but I would be interested in renting a flat togehter. I'm also coming for the first Semester only. I'm a 22 years old Austrian and study literature.

That's sounds good. :-) I'm about to start looking at lists and advertisements today.

And I've just found a closed group on facebook for erasmus students for this year :-) If you're interested, I can give you the link.

Do you mean this Group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/559093874115886/ Let's talk on Facebook about it! :)

Indeed. :-) Just requested to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EmmaS123

Anyone looking for someone to fill a room, im a 19 year first year female student, very tidy person, pm me if possible, :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Guys, today I finally found a house in Maynooth which is great and near everything, its is 90 euro a month without bills, but later today I got an email saying I got a place on campus. I dunno what to do because I paid a 500 euro deposit on the house. At the beginning I wanted nothing but campus but seeing as I didn't get it at the start, I started looking around for a house and the idea warmed to me esp when I found a great housemate to live with, now I'm in a dilemma because I dunno which would be the best to take.
    HELP !

The house is very close to the college, nightclubs and bars and supermac's? :P

• Advertisement

If I were in your place, I'd stick with the house. Close to everything and you get to enjoy the privacy and peace of not being in a dorm.

Advertisement