Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 boos

Hi
    i was looking at different sites and was wondering if there are any 1st year girls who would be interested in getting a house for the coming year??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Plenty of room at my place ladies. Allllllriiiight!

glen-quagmire.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

boos wrote: »
    think ill just pray for on campus instead!!

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 boos

giggity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Video from a maynooth estate agent showing some of their "student-friendly" houses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leohcvmf8kM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

^Sorry that place is gone, I got it a few days ago.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Probably should start looking for a house myself. On daft.ie I've noticed a lot of houseshares saying that you'll be living with professionals, does this mean they don't want students or does it mean they're some sort of hitmen/mafia people :P ??

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Probably should start looking for a house myself. On daft.ie I've noticed a lot of houseshares saying that you'll be living with professionals, does this mean they don't want students or does it mean they're some sort of hitmen/mafia people :P ??
    It means you wouldn't be allowed let your former housemates anywhere near the place!:D

K4t wrote: »
    It means you wouldn't be allowed let your former housemates anywhere near the place!:D
    Nah, I think that accommodation in Moyglare that's run by the religious crowd would suit them better :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

It's been there for YEARS!! Not a new place!

I understand it's very religious, our school (the secondary school on the moyglare road) were brought there a few times for classes. But if you keep your head down and don't cause hassle, there won't be any hassle.

There are worse places!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Professionals generally means they'd rather not have students renting the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Quinzy

I'm looking for somewhere to move into come the start of semester.

I'm going into 3rd year, anthro and history student, looks like a musketeer!
    Something in the 70e a week would be best for me, so... PM if anyone has anything along those lines?

The girlfriend might also be looking to move in, depending on employment, so if a double is on offer that'd be ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ChristopherUno

Yeah I'm looking to move up too, going into 4th year (did a year abroad), Anthro & English. Looking for a single room in the E70-ish price range. PM if interested.

Quinzy, a lot of places will say they're not looking for couples. The year before last I lived with a couple cos they were mates from home and we searched for a house together, but this year they had a bit of hassle finding a house that'd take them both.

Yeah, I know the whole couple thing is pretty annoying, but well, what can I do? =/ PM sent, by the by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 the_Meh_Girl

disater,
    myself and one other girl had lined up or apartment for the year €900 per month in Moyglare Village, unfortunately the third person just pulled out, we were due to move in on Sat :(
    Double room available if anyone knows anyone/is interested, do PM me!

Emailed you, Meh.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

hey
    I started looking into accomodation for the first time today and to be honest im fairly well lost.

im a first year and im torn between booking on campus or living with a friend who wants to live off campus.

Either way i dont really know where to start. Is it too late to be booking on campus at this stage? and if not how do i go about it?
    ok scratch that, i found the site. can you apply to live with friends on campus?

As for off campus i dont know where to start either. so far i gathered you can rent a house or rent a room. and from reading above ive an idea of where to avoid.

anyone help me? links or anything would be helpful thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Look on daft.ie you should find something suitable on there. Or email the residence office in maynooth and ask for the housing list. :)

Xxhaylsxx wrote: »
    Look on daft.ie you should find something suitable on there. Or email the residence office in maynooth and ask for the housing list. :)

alright i looking at daft.ie and the first listing is 25, Newtown Court, Maynooth, Co. Kildare - House to let

3YuOKji5d65-ShZ5W_tszuZDHINay0VeoO4NTs2TdfttPWRhZnQmZT0xNjB4MTIw.jpg €1,000 monthly, 4 bedrooms (1 single, 3 double), 1 bathroom, furnished

even between 7 people the rent is 140 euro each, and then if the house isnt filled it would be more.?

• Advertisement

UglyFuc wrote: »
    alright i looking at daft.ie and the first listing is 25, Newtown Court, Maynooth, Co. Kildare - House to let

3YuOKji5d65-ShZ5W_tszuZDHINay0VeoO4NTs2TdfttPWRhZnQmZT0xNjB4MTIw.jpg €1,000 monthly, 4 bedrooms (1 single, 3 double), 1 bathroom, furnished

even between 7 people the rent is 140 euro each, and then if the house isnt filled it would be more.?
    I may be wrong but I think I rang about that house and was told professionals only. Try anyway though, will help if you're female too.
    hey
    I started looking into accomodation for the first time today and to be honest im fairly well lost.

im a first year and im torn between booking on campus or living with a friend who wants to live off campus.

Either way i dont really know where to start. Is it too late to be booking on campus at this stage? and if not how do i go about it?
    ok scratch that, i found the site. can you apply to live with friends on campus?

As for off campus i dont know where to start either. so far i gathered you can rent a house or rent a room. and from reading above ive an idea of where to avoid.

anyone help me? links or anything would be helpful thanks
    Ah I think you've missed the deadline for applying for campus....but you can still inquire and ask to be put on a provisional list if someone pulls out. Doubtful you'll get to live with your friend on campus now though.

The only estate you have to avoid is Old Greenfield. The rest are fine. Your best bet is to trawl through daft.ie and head up to Maynooth armed with phone numbers and cash. Good luck. Will be tough to get somewhere with just 2, try and get a 3rd person maybe.

I may be wrong but I think I rang about that house and was told professionals only. Try anyway though, will help if you're female too.

The only estate you have to avoid is Old Greenfield. The rest are fine. Your best bet is to trawl through daft.ie and head up to Maynooth armed with phone numbers and cash. Good luck. Will be tough to get somewhere with just 2, try and get a 3rd person maybe.

ok thanks. what do you mean by professinals only? and idea where to look for or how you might rent a room in a house rather than rent a house itself?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Ah I think you've missed the deadline for applying for campus....but you can still inquire and ask to be put on a provisional list if someone pulls out. Doubtful you'll get to live with your friend on campus now though.

If you're only going into first year I think you're still ok! Check http://residence.nuim.ie/!
    And get your friend to apply as well and request each other! Its worth a try! :)

ok thanks. what do you mean by professinals only? and idea where to look for or how you might rent a room in a house rather than rent a house itself?
    Full time workers (usually Dublin commuters) Ya just go onto daft, click on 'leases' and click Maynooth and how many rooms you're looking for and a load of options will appear. It's a buyer's market, you should get a good price. Campus is incredibly overpriced (supply&demand) but it does have the benefit of location and lot sof other students nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PadraigD

Hey guys,
    I found an apartment, brand new, fully furnished, 3 bed, 2 ppl possible goin into it and we need 1 more. Rent is 350 per month excluding bills etc. Im a mature student so preferably another 1st yr mature student will be interested, if not its a free for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 That.Kid.Ox

hopefully starting college in maynooth this year....just wondering is campus accommodation mixed gendered....or will i only be living with girls??

also is it possible to share accommodation with a friend?? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's mixed ;) don't know if you can ask to share with a friend though.

hopefully starting college in maynooth this year....just wondering is campus accommodation mixed gendered....or will i only be living with girls??

also is it possible to share accommodation with a friend?? :D:D
    Luck of the draw really, I was living with all lads last year but it was mixed the year before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Hm... I thought River was mixed, but that village and rye weren't. But maybe I just got it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 seanypf

Hey Padraig, Id be interested in taking the other room. Im a mature student going into 1st year, so it would suit me. When is it available from? Give me an email on seany_flynn@live.com

Advertisement