Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for classical musician

Options
  • 15-02-2010 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Was gonna post this on the classical music forum but Im sure the guys here will be more help having had some experience with Reason and Cubase myself and having experienced the software knowledge of those involved in Dance music!

Anyway I wish to created backing tracks for violin pieces. The options for me are a simple recording setup so I could record myself and play back to play over.

Or a program that I could use to create the music with a software synth.

Any takers to give recommendations? A pure software option would save me having to buy recording gear.

What software options are there for me to enter the music with music notation as opposed to playing on a keyboard (I do have an m-audio midi keyboard though!)

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 romar

PoleStar wrote: »

What software options are there for me to enter the music with music notation

if its really simple then any midi editor might work or else have a look at http://www.sibelius.com/ . ive never used i know some others who love it ... demo available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Logic has a score editor which allows you to enter the music with music notation rather than just entering onto a grid.

Is only available for a mac though so might not be suited to you.

If you google music software programmes Im sure there's some free ones that might be suitable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

I will have a look at those thanks.

I have an old version of Reason, would I be able to do it with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Finale is another piece of software aimed at classical musicians, along the same lines as Sibelius.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dinite

Hi Polestar,

If your still looking for some direction let me know.... I have some questions that may provide some answers for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 AtomCannister

Finale is free to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭oootini

east west synphonic orchestra play edition is a free multisampled orchestra vst...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Muse Score is a score editor just like Sibleus or kinda like it. And it's FREE!!!
    You can write in on the score and it will play back audio. Or at least the one I used in college did!!! I'm not sure if it the computer had a soft synth installed or there was one in Musescore...

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Logic 5.5 would still do it, thats when Logic on PC finished ;)

Advertisement