Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roy Cropper

Options
  • 15-02-2010 11:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if this has been debated before, cant see it anyway.

Have been trying to figure it out with a while, as he is married to Hayley (previously Harold), is he gay or straight taking into account Hayleys present and past situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Have been trying to figure it out with a while.

Winter hangs on long in West Waterford ! ;)

For what it's worth, I think that Roy's as straight as a die. He's certainly shown no signs of gaiety to my recollection. He went to bed with Tracey don't forget, although intoxicated against his will.
    His interests appear to lie in other directions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Winter hangs on long in West Waterford ! ;)

For what it's worth, I think that Roy's as straight as a die. He's certainly shown no signs of gaiety to my recollection. He went to bed with Tracey don't forget, although intoxicated against his will.
    His interests appear to lie in other directions.

He may have shared a bed with Tracey but unlike any other man in Weatherfield that would be in the same position nothing happened, although she lead him to believe otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

It's quite simple really....he is straight, if he was gay he would be with a gay man not one who went to the trouble of having his bits removedwho
    He is a straight man that happened to fall in love with a very endearing woman after a sex change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Roy's the best thing in Corrie! Yes, he's straight...

I love these kinda characters - Norris, Roy ... Reg from years ago ... it's the kind of humour that EE misses out on. I think Fair City are attempting to jemmy in Eamon Morrissey into a similar kinda of role with Cass...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

uvox wrote: »
    Roy's the best thing in Corrie! Yes, he's straight...

I love these kinda characters - Norris, Roy ... Reg from years ago ... it's the kind of humour that EE misses out on. I think Fair City are attempting to jemmy in Eamon Morrissey into a similar kinda of role with Cass...

I feel that Norris will take over from Blanche as the main character with the most quick witted remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Forgive me if this has been debated before, cant see it anyway.

Have been trying to figure it out with a while, as he is married to Hayley (previously Harold), is he gay or straight taking into account Hayleys present and past situation.

Why would he be gay? Hayley had transgender surgery so why would it matter what sex the character was before, they are now a woman, viewed as a woman.

To be honest, opinions like that are why there is a stigma attached to transgender surgery and people who undertake it.

I am not sure whether this thread is a trolling one but it is a shame that lmahoney79 post was ignored and it was a very valid post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

He may have shared a bed with Tracey but unlike any other man in Weatherfield that would be in the same position nothing happened, although she lead him to believe otherwise.

Um maybe because he loved Hayley, not everyone goes around cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

He's straight, or at least his relationship with Hayley is a straight one. His wife is a woman who used to be male. But what she used to be isn't the issue, I would say. (My partner used to be a child, but that was before we met.)

Advertisement