Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo: Golden Orbs/Psychic Phenomena??

Options
  • 15-02-2010 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

OK this might not seem to be the best place for this post but Im guessing it is:

Has anyone seen any "golden orbs" around Sligo?

It was bonfire night last year when my 7 yr old was awoken by noise and came into our room to see what was going on outside.

I let her look outside the window from our upstairs bedroom to show her that there was nothing outside, to reassure her and let her know that some fireworks were going off. We stood for about 10 minutes watching the last few fire works going off high in the sky and far away from us, maybe a mile or so.

Then she went back to her room.

About 15 minutes she came back into the room and said she couldnt get to sleep. So i stood with her to reassure her that every thing was well outside and that the fireworks had stopped, as they had.

It was now about 1:30am

From our upstairs bedroom, as we looked out the upstairs window we could see straight into a church yard.

What then appeared, seemingly out from the wall of the Church, was a round shining ball, about the size of a football. it appeared to be at about 10 feet in the air.

it moved fast enough, but was not speeding, at about 15 mph until it came to the perimeter of the church, travelling about 30 feet in a slightly dipping trajectroy, moving gracefully, then it disappeared.

I had originally though that it was the reflection of a cars headlight on our window, but when I refocussed my eyes, i could see that it was in the churchyard. (And there were no cars on the road for a while, before or after seeing the light).

Just at that very moment my daughter said "whats that light in the Churchyard daddy?". but I was assuming that I had seen something that I could not explain.

The next day I casually asked my daughter did she remember last night..."Yes I do daddy..I saw a light in the Churchyard, shall I draw you a picture" and she did and it was exactly as i had descibed it above, same as I had seen.

I will also add that the Churchyard was not in darkness, it was actually well lit, but the golden football type thing was shining so so bright, then it disappeared. there was no wind that night, only a slight breeze, and if it was a firwork, it was certainly the most remarkable one I have ever seen...There had been buliding work going on at the church, some doors had been bricked up, and new entrances made.

Ive been scratching my head ever since for an explanation.
    Has anyone else seen anything of this nature?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

No explanation but it sounds interesting.

We saw 'lights' not orbs though on the way through Boyle one night years ago. They followed us until we got to Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Could it have been Ball lightning? apparently it can do pretty weird things. It's only a guess though only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Wil check that out on web, its a possibility...whatever it was it moved slow enough..certainly it looked like some sort of electrical presence, glowing like a golden bright street light...

never seen anything like it

thanks again

Could it have been Ball lightning? apparently it can do pretty weird things. It's only a guess though only.

Fascinating... There are some similarities, although my sighting was more solid, smaller, did not loose or change shape...but getting closer to a possible explanation...thanks for suggestion MedicMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9QFU0u0L5U

I've just noticed that these lights in that You Tube vidoe are running along power cables...

check this one...this is the closest I can find...but its still not very similar to my sighting.

The weather conditions in attached atmosphere/very electrically charged...interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ioN-3UWYrY

• Advertisement
Advertisement