Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sulphate-free products

• 15-02-2010 11:30pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think it would be handy to have a list of different grooming products that don't contain any sulphates. I know I spent ages looking for a shower gel that was sulphate-free and couldn't find any. So let's get a list started below, and it'll be a great resource for everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

What is your issue with these? The dangers of these have been over-hyped, interesting article here:

https://www.cosmeticscop.com/sodium-lauryl-laureth-sulfate-SLS-SLES.aspx

It does say one is a potential irritant but debunks the cancer myth attached to them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's not so much my issue, as there's several threads at the moment asking for recommendations for SLS free products. Although shower gels that contain them do tend to make my skin feel very tight and itchy after a shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

They're very harsh, I've noticed since I stopped using shampoos containing sulphates that my hair colour lasts longer. Sulphates strip my colour straight out.

Be careful of companies advertising their shampoos as "SLS free" (sodium laureth sulphate), you can bet it contains ammonium laureth sulphate instead.
    Label should say Sulphate free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Also make sure if you are using a sulphate-free shampoo to pair it with a conditioner that doesn't contain silicone.

The Naked range in Boots is sulphate and petrochemical(silicone/paraffin/etc) free.

Advertisement