Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave in UCD

Options
  • 15-02-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Seriously is there anywhere you can go to heat up a bit of lunch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Not that I know of... unless one of the common rooms have one, but I haven't heard of any. Its pretty stupid that there's not a couple floating around tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There's one in the SU café in the Engineering building - at the back by the SUAS PCs ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is a secret microwave.

<whisper>if you take the elevator in the library to the fifth floor and take a right when you exit and keep going straight then take the second left there is an entire secret canteen! Its only small but its there, microwave and all. I have been known to sneak up there once or twice. If anyone asks just tell them your doing a Phd in the ethnic development of ant colonies in the shetland islands. They will most likely not wish to know more and leave you to your microwaving. </whisper>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

ah yes, one of the perks of my course :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I found the secret canteen before (while thoroughly lost in the arts block). Is it just for post grads/tutors?

• Advertisement

Postgrads and tutors are just undergrads who made really bad life choices :p so knock yourself out! There is also a very comfortable toilet, a few photocopiers and lots of quiet study space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The Arts cafe has one

The Arts cafe has one

well yeah if you want to be dull

Grimes wrote: »
    well yeah if you want to be dull

You have to know the secret handshake to be allowed use it though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

interestingly one of the trinity SU candidates has microwaves down as one of his big things...

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    interestingly one of the trinity SU candidates has microwaves down as one of his big things...

Perhaps it would work in Trinity but in UCD where there is a significantly different type of person, those microwaves would be disgusting after about 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Perhaps it would work in Trinity but in UCD where there is a significantly different type of person, those microwaves would be disgusting after about 10am.

I don't think you can do Smoked Salmon in a microwave anyway....

errlloyd wrote: »
    I don't think you can do Smoked Salmon in a microwave anyway....

I dont think you can picture an average UCD student cleaning up after themselves. Dan Hayden brought in a movie rental thingy in the Library. Wasnt long before someone took a black marker to it.

Raise Points & Raise Fees = Microwaves for all!

Anyway you eat smoked salmon cold ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Dan Hayden brought in a movie rental thingy in the Library.

You can still see it as you head down the little steps towards the S.U. shop under the library.

Bit of an eyesore. They should chuck it out.

Hot food vending machines ftw

Hot food vending machines ftw

Im not sure but I think they are known as shops?

Im not sure but I think they are known as shops?

21512412305189.jpg
    There is one of them in the Ilac Centre on the Northside of the city (not hinting at anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hanron

Microwave free for use in B207 in the Arts Block. It's meant to be a secret for the Irish kids, as it's in the common room of the Irish department, but go in and spout a 'Conas ata tu' and you'll be flying

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

There are two microwaves in the Veterinary Sciences buildings common room, but I'm not too sure if it's staff only or if students are allowed to use it too.

Advertisement