Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelfari

Options
  • 16-02-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

If you are on Shelfari,what do you think of it?
    I find it good for finding new books with the reviews and ratings. It is also very good for keeping a track of what you have read and what you will read.

Also if you want to show off your collection,it's great for that.

My favourite part about it is that it's ultimately a community for book lovers and it's great being able to discuss your thoughts among people who will listen.

http://www.shelfari.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

What an excellent website - thanks Evan93!

Over the past few weeks I was toying with the idea of making an online program to manage books as I dont really like LibraryThing. However this website is very good, particularly (I imagine) if you've a good Internet connection. Its also handy the way you then download your library in .csv format.

Heres my probably incomplete shelf:
    http://www.shelfari.com/jamesfennell/shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭SecondTime

I've just signed up to it, it looks very good. I'd never heard of it before so thanks for the heads-up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Two of my friends got me to join and I'm wracking my brains for some titles I can't remember but I love seeing all the books I've read. I also love the little heart for your favorite books! :)

I can see myself being hopelessly addicted to this website in the future! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Excellent site, just joined myself. I was just thinking it might be a cool idea to sticky this thread with our usernames or whatever and we can compare books among boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

That's a great site, I think I'll join up. Though I am also a member of bookcrossing, and have a virtual book shelf there.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/Leamhliom/all

I love looking at other people's bookshelves, whether virtual or real (I know, I'm a bit nosy!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

I used it for a while but I much prefer Goodreads. Seems to have a much bigger userbase so there are more reviews. Also a good few authors are on it too.

www.goodreads.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I love Shelfari. I joined it last year after a friend told me about it. It has got me back into reading and after seeing all the books that I have read I am surprised. I still have loads more books to put on my shelf I can't wait to get a lazy day to do that. Add me if want http://shelfari.com/happyfacecrazy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I joined last week,spent about 4-5:( hours so far putting up books.Reckon i have about 25% input.Then i found out that they don't have one of my favourite authors on the site.Emailed them ,but got no reply.Just found him on goodreads,but don't want to start all over again.GRRRRRRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

So which is better? Shelfari or Goodreads?

So which is better? Shelfari or Goodreads?

I have accounts on both sites and found Shelfari much easier to use. I also love the layout of the site and find it way more enjoyable. There was a good few books on Goodreads that they didn't have in there system which was annoying. Shelfari is top choice for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I have an account on Goodreads, I just updated it with all the books I've read this year. I still haven't half of the books I've ever read on it though. It has some good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I already use librarything and it'd be too much effort to re-do it all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks OP for the info about shelfari, I've just joined up. I like the way I can put up the books I've read. It might take me a long while to update them all!

See here

http://www.shelfari.com/o1514388425/shelf#firstBook=0&list=0&sort=author

I recently started using Goodreads again and finding it fun :D I love sites like that because they keep me motivated to read :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

It's a great site. I signed up a couple of weeks ago and find it easier to navigate than other similar sites.

Advertisement