Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exhibition space for the summer.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Truly fantastic idea !

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

I realise I'm quite late jumping on the band wagon but I just noticed the thread.

I've got a project I did for my college portfolio that I'd love to get exhibited if there's an unclaimed weekend going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 mcdonnells

Hi Humberklog, still really up for is also.

Would love the oppertunity to chat about the details over a couple of pints or Lunch. Small bit of thanks from my side for your kind offer.

Thanks

Steve

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

mcdonnells wrote: »
    Hi Humberklog, still really up for is also.

Would love the oppertunity to chat about the details over a couple of pints or Lunch. Small bit of thanks from my side for your kind offer.

Thanks

Steve

Sure Steve. It looks as though you've just made it in as the other people that have committed to it have been in contact since last night. So that's 6 (including myself) and I'm afraid that that really is about the stretch I can make over the summer.
    Sorry GG.

I don't want to go posting who is in but you know who you are and we can sort things out between then and now. One artist has pencilled himself in for the 2nd half of June so that fortnight window of availability is gone. I think that could be the first one too so if those involved could think of times from the start of July to mid Sept that would suit and get back to me I'll pop the bagged dates up here.

Eh...so that's that. Maybe a meet up over a pint between the artists in coming weeks to get questions/opinions etc. aired would be a good idea? Of course they are all individual installations but maybe it could be helpful to see what approaches others are taking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ah balls :p

ah no, really, i was thinking about this at the time, and just didn't want to commit myself but i had kinda talked myself round but that's ok, never mind - if anyone needs to pull out for any reason or anything keep me in mind. it's a great opportunity and good luck to those who will be on show, i hope to be up in el cap-i-tal a few times over the summer so i'll be dropping by to have a gawk. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Are you still in Mayo, Artyeva ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Covey wrote: »
    Are you still in Mayo, Artyeva ?

what- now? yup. well i live here like. why?

Thats grand. Just thought you mentioned Sligo a while back and thought you might have moved back.

Well HK's offer is fantastic and much appreciated, but he doesn't have a patent on it. Why not duplicate the concept down there. I'd be up for it !

Ok just an update on dates for those taking part.

Might be a little change to what was provisionally down for the starter as one participant wants hers to coincide with the National Bike Week which is happening from sun. 13th up to the 20th. So I'm assuming that she'll want the 19th and 20th. I know another artist was pencilled in for then but when you know what she's doing it's kind of important that it ties in with those dates, so if you could move up in the bed by one week?

That's leaving me, Covey and 2 others to sort out dates after then.

I mentioned previously that perhaps a beers would be a good idea. Personally I've got my exhibit good to go but would like to get the other artists' impressions on it as...well...hmmmm...it's eh...sure maybe a beer and a chat?

• Advertisement

Hk, let me know I' m flexiible too !

Covey wrote: »
    Hk, let me know I' m flexiible too !

Will do indeed Mr. Covey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 mcdonnells

Hk,
    Flexible on this end also, Looking forward to this and to meeting all involved.
    S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

humberklog wrote: »
    Ok just an update on dates for those taking part.

Might be a little change to what was provisionally down for the starter as one participant wants hers to coincide with the National Bike Week which is happening from sun. 13th up to the 20th. So I'm assuming that she'll want the 19th and 20th. I know another artist was pencilled in for then but when you know what she's doing it's kind of important that it ties in with those dates, so if you could move up in the bed by one week?

I'm flexible too - whatever suits June-ish / early July - meet-up sounds good

So, this weekend sees the first artist take to the stage.

Katiemaloe will be displaying her exhibition "the beautiful bicycle" this Saturday and Sunday from about 11ish until 6 on both days.

So if you're in and around the city do drop by and say hello.

This could be of interest to those considering exhibiting at this year's Peoples Photography later on in the summer. Myself and Kate will both be in Temple Bar and would happy to give suggestions to those that are a little lost about how to approach putting an exhibit together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

So, this weekend sees the first artist take to the stage.

Katiemaloe will be displaying her exhibition "the beautiful bicycle" this Saturday and Sunday from about 11ish until 6 on both days.

So if you're in and around the city do drop by and say hello.

hope to drop by - good luck Katie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

i'll be in on sat. so i'll say howdy... good luck with it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Katiemaloe will be displaying her exhibition "the beautiful bicycle" this Saturday and Sunday from about 11ish until 6 on both days

Best of luck Kate, hoping to hobble in on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Don't know if I will be making it in to the city this weekend, but do tell Kate I hope all goes well for her.

I'd wish her luck but I don't think she needs it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Only came across of this now and I have to say Wow, that's a really generous gesture of you Humberklog!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

sorry folks, just come across the thread now (i'm a newbie as you can see!)

would love to stop by for a gawk, where is the space? in temple bar?

thanks.

will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

I'll pop by tomorrow and have a look alright.

@Will23 its by the Eircom phone exchange in Temple Bar, to the side of the square with the two ATM machines... cannot miss it!

Indeed, should've recapped on the location.

Temple Bar Sq. acroos the road from The Bad Ass Cafe.

All set up and looking lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Best of luck with this, folks. Can't make it up this weekend or next, but hopefully I'll see some later in the summer.

Any dates decided that you can reveal, hk?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

Kicking myself that I only noticed this thread now, but have to say it's terribly generous of you, fair play.

tracert wrote: »
    Best of luck with this, folks. Can't make it up this weekend or next, but hopefully I'll see some later in the summer.

Any dates decided that you can reveal, hk?

Afraid not. But it's not because it's a big secret but just that the others have yet to arrange the time.
    Kate went this week to tie in with national bike week.

I might do mine in about 3 weeks. I've still some pics to take to complete the display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Ran across Katie whiles on walkabout and found her occupying the Humberklog pitch....

4765314761_1bf38ab8a8_b.jpg

Agfa Isolette Folder, F/4.5 Solinar Lens
    Neopan 400: XTOL 1:1
    Straight Negative Scan

Advertisement