Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition for TUI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I don't think i'll sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

Regrettably some people have been childish about it. The cause is solid though, and free speech is the issue here. We have the right to say how we feel we're being treated, regardless of sides. TUI are exactly the people who are saying this to our government, yet they won't listen to others. Tensions need to be unwound...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

A petition is going to do nothing.

The results will be released some time this week if people haven't managed to get them yet.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

kenon wrote: »
    A petition is going to do nothing.

The results will be released some time this week if people haven't managed to get them yet.

It shows how many students are annoyed by the situation. This dispute is between the TUI (Teaching), IMPACT (Admin) and ITB Management (top brass), and that's where it should have stayed. That's all the petition is about - if it focuses minds to get a resolution for all sides, thats all everyone wants...

Anyways it looks as if things might be moving forward a bit. The situation is confusing to say the least - apparently exam results are already in place but provisional as no meetings have been held to do with the dispute.

TUI says their dispute is over the quality of education (eg. we had class times reduced from 2hrs to 1.30, now back), I haven't the foggiest about IMPACT and Management is annoyed things it wants to implement are being resisted and rolled back.

Clarification of post above: When I said some people are being childish above, I meant attacking the teaching staff in the petition comments, which is disgraceful to be honest. I dodn't mean people who didn't sign, which it could be misread as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Sparky2

It's got nothing to do with IMPACT or anybody in Admin, they are not involved in it. It is only between TUI and Management.

• Advertisement

Sparky2 wrote: »
    It's got nothing to do with IMPACT or anybody in Admin, they are not involved in it. It is only between TUI and Management.

I beg to differ:
    ...solidarity that members of IMPACT in ITB have shown whereby the latter have refused to do TUI members' work...
    From TUI representative in ITB in an email to myself, so they are involved (albeit indirectly). Anyhoo I think this is last post I'll make on this, should be sorted by Friday and we can all move on :)

Advertisement