Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pancake Tuesday

• 16-02-2010 1:38am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I love pancake Tuesday. :)
    All the yumminess it involves. Jam, syrup, butter, sugar, lemon... all the different fillings for pancakes. It, to me is a guilt-free eat until you explode kinda day. Plus, the activity of making them. Always reminds me of making them as a child with my mam- oh, the anticipation- and all my vows to eat HUNDREDS, then feeling totally stuffed after two or three! Also, it happens to be a nice time of year- spring is in the air when Pancake Day comes around. I love pancakes. Any time of the year. A nice rolled up pancake with a nice mug of tea, mmmm... :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

nutella and banana filling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Yep! I love St. Pancake's Day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

nutella and banana filling!!

That's a good'n alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

nyom nyom nyom
    Might go for American style pancakes with lashings of butter and maple syrup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Great post op. Very well described.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I totally forgot it was pancake tuesday, but bought the ingredients for buckwheat pancakes the other day, planned on having them tomorrow. For savory dinner though! Not as a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jim wrote: »
    I totally forgot it was pancake tuesday
    Likewise. Hope to nyom nyom nyom some at work tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

That's a good'n alright!

got one in smithfield on friday with that filling. went well out of the way to go back and get one today but the stall wasn't there. at least the rain masked my tears!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

got one in smithfield on friday with that filling. went well out of the way to go back and get one today but the stall wasn't there. at least the rain masked my tears!!!
    i feel your pain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

The-Rigger wrote: »
    nyom nyom nyom
    Might go for American style pancakes with lashings of butter and maple syrup.

And ice-cream!!!

Works with normal pancakes too :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yummy yummy yummy! I LOVE pancake Tuesday and can't wait to took into some delicious pancakes tonight with my fella, have all the ingredients got just waiting till he finishes work *winks* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Me, I'll take plain pancakes any time, fresh out of the pan with a generous layer of butter, just the way my mum makes 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Butter Sugar & lemon :D yum yum yum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I just used up the last of my batter from last night, choped up some bananas and blueberries and added them to the mix:)

***drools***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I still haven't had pancakes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

I'm thinking I might make pancakes tomorrow. :cool: looking forward to them already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I was on a 14 hour flight to Australia from Abu Dhabi (after a 9hour flight from dublin) and was all tired and grumpy until they served pancakes on the plane for breakfast!! I was so happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

This thread reminds me of this:

It's the Sabrina the Teenage Witch episode where she has an addiction to pancakes. I still remembered the song after all these years! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Mmmm Pancakes, think Ill make some for brekkie today :D

Advertisement