Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whose your favourite Fianna Fail TD?

Options
  • 16-02-2010 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

This is a tough one for myself, there is so much to consider.

Brian Cowen: straight talking, pulls no punches, no nonsense, a natural born leader

Brian Lenihan: brains to burn, diplomatic, economic wizard, cool headed

Bertie Ahern: peace in NI, the Celtic tiger boom, low unemployment

Noel Dempsey: has brought Ireland's roads and railways into the 21st century

Willie O Dea: honourable and noble in intention regarding defence issues, no nosense

So much to choose from, its worth thinking about seen as Lenny has got the country back and track and the people are returning to the real Irish party.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Martin Mansergh. Not afraid to stick his head on the line and take a public bashing for the party. Has a realistic approach to life and knows nonsense when he sees it, even within his own party.

I don't think he's particularly effective, but none of them are. I just like those two qualities in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

easy:)

Willie+O%27Dea+%2B+gun+L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

For the endless hours of entertainment she provides.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Pat carey. The only genuine one I have spoken too. I always liked to listen to charlie mccreevy. Maybe its because he delivered it all direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Micheal Martin : Smoking Ban; Best piece of legislation in decades . .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LOL Believe it or not - I agree with you about him on that piece of legislation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Brian Cowen: straight talking, pulls no punches, no nonsense, a natural born leader

Willie O Dea: honourable and noble in intention regarding defence issues, no nosense

So much to choose from, its worth thinking about seen as Lenny has got the country back and track and the people are returning to the real Irish party.

Is this your entry for the boards.ie satyrical post of the year competition?

If so, you got my vote brother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The first answer that comes to mind is 'a dead one'...

But if forced to choose, I think Martin isn't a complete waste of time. Smoking ban was a good idea and it was implemented reasonably well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Sleepy wrote: »
    The first answer that comes to mind is 'a dead one'...

Very true....
    Seamus Brennan was the only FF TD I ever liked, a good man who died too young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Seán Lemass. In fact if FF could manage to reincarnate him I might even vote for him. His greatest failing IMO was in not exercising more influence over his daughter's choice of husband.
    The current FF couldn't come up with even one T.D. fit to lick his boots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Last decent one seen was Dessie O'Malley

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Now I know you are a pi** taker :D

BTW any chance wee willie will be facing perjury charges ?
    After all he did admit and apologise to the high court for lying to it.

Actually I think I will add this fact to every single thread about ff. ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Martin Mansergh. Not afraid to stick his head on the line and take a public bashing for the party. Has a realistic approach to life and knows nonsense when he sees it, even within his own party.

I don't think he's particularly effective, but none of them are. I just like those two qualities in him.

Every time I hear Mansergh's name mentioned the sound of him hysterically shrieking "Have respect for your betters!!" at Eugene Regan in this 2008 radio interview, while defending Bertie the indefensible, rings again in my mind.

The man is a complete and utter buffoon . . .

peasant wrote: »
    Is this your entry for the boards.ie satyrical post of the year competition?

If so, you got my vote brother :D

I hit the ignore button on that poster ages ago when every post was along the lines of "sure Bertie's a grate man and wud do us proud" :rolleyes:, without a shred of discussion or facts to back it up.

So I'd have missed their post if you hadn't quoted it! :D

Maybe I should remove them from the ignore button, because I'm - genuinely - starting to think we have a genius tongue-in-cheek satirist on our hands!

Maybe even Dermot Morgan reincarnated!

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Every time I hear Mansergh's name mentioned the sound of him hysterically shrieking "Have respect for your betters!!" at Eugene Regan in this 2008 radio interview, while defending Bertie the indefensible, rings again in my mind.

The man is a complete and utter buffoon . . .

+1

Manseragh tried to defend the wastage of €200,000 of our money on refurbishment only of an office for a disgraced former Taoiseach who's hardly ever there.

I switch off anytime he's introduced now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Hehehehe, Micheal " i didn't read documents" Martin .. Same Micheal Martin who as Ministar for Heath denied we has told about raising concerns about breast cancer services at the hospitals. The existence of the correspondence with Martin, who was Minister from 2000 to 2004, had been denied, but its existence was confirmed by a senior HSE official at a meeting of the Oireachtas Health Committee.

Yes, really great guy indeed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Whose? Do you mean "Who is"?

Essexboy wrote: »
    Whose? Do you mean "Who is"?

No - it's probably "whose".....as in who owns them through paying them off.

As in "whose are they" !!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Charlie O'Connor, Dublin south west. Recently voted TD of the year. Absolute gent, he gets things done out our way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

You know what, no matter how far back I can remember any member of FF I can't think of a single one of them who was any good, even the dead ones were crooks of the highest order, it just amazes me how many still support them. It just goes to show how acceptable people are of lies and corruption.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭trapsagenius

You know what, no matter how far back I can remember any member of FF I can't think of a single one of them who was any good, even the dead ones were crooks of the highest order, it just amazes me how many still support them. It just goes to show how acceptable people are of lies and corruption.

So in the history of Ireland, you can't think of a single "good" FF TD?:rolleyes:

While this thread is a joke, you're talking nonsense.

So in the history of Ireland, you can't think of a single "good" FF TD?:rolleyes:

While this thread is a joke, you're talking nonsense.

Enlighten me please?

Enlighten me please?

Ok, off the top of my head-
    1.Sean Lemass
    2.Dev
    3.Albert Reynolds

There's 3 "good" FF TDs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Brian lenihan seems a decent skin and a hard worker.

I'd like to say brian cowen is ok ,but my joseph the way he speaks is like being on a merry go round.
    The man talks like he running in a circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Has to be Biffo's little pet John Gormley. Everytime I hear him he's always good for a few laughs.

Ok, off the top of my head-
    1.Sean Lemass
    2.Dev
    3.Albert Reynolds

There's 3 "good" FF TDs

There might be some shred of decency there, but Dev and Albert Reynolds?? I rest my case, I won't even bother arguing this one out as I can see your as blinkered as your other FF supporters. God help us all if this condition prevails, if only there was a vaccine.:o
    FF are like a virus in this country with no known cure.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think Noel Dempsey's ok.

Red Alert wrote: »
    I think Noel Dempsey's ok.

Ok isn't good enough to be running a country though, don't you think?

There might be some shred of decency there, but Dev and Albert Reynolds?? I rest my case, I won't even bother arguing this one out as I can see your as blinkered as your other FF supporters. God help us all if this condition prevails, if only there was a vaccine.:o
    FF are like a virus in this country with no known cure.

What was wrong with either of them exactly?Dev did more for Ireland than almost any one other political figure.Reynolds had an absolutely massive role in the Peace Process.

As for the bit in bold-And you accuse me of being blinkered?!?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭freewheeler

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAA You are wasted you should surely consider a career in stand-up (if you're not already):D

Advertisement