Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Folio

Options
  • 16-02-2010 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Can someone post a breif of their(or someone they know) construction folio up please!!!!!:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭owenmul

sorry, but what exactly do ya need? i have my one downstairs and it got an A, so if ya tell me what ya want i'll try to sort you out:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Could anyone put up a sample or a template of a folio..
    Its Febuary and I still dont even know what mine is supposed to look like!! :eek:

ciano1 wrote: »
    Could anyone put up a sample or a template of a folio..
    Its Febuary and I still dont even know what mine is supposed to look like!! :eek:

i'll post a description here tomorrow, i'm too lazy to get my folio now.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

The thing is I have a "rough idea" of what I need.. But in all honesty i don't know what has to be in it!!!!!!:o... So i'd be really gratefull if you could post all that you can up please!!!!!!

Right i had a good rummage for the folia but couldnt find it, not surprising after 5 years tho!!

anyway, i'll give it a shot from what i remember.

Obviously, the folio is to document the trials and tribulations of duration of your project. In length i'd think mine was about 30 or 40 pages(nearer 30 i'd say), it shouldnt be hard to beef it up anyway.

First off, you'll have your table of contents, this lists everthing in your folio.

Second, you'll have your introduction, this entails, talking about why you wanted to do the particular project, and then a general oversight of the folio (basically, if you read the introduction you know what the project is about).

This is where my memory becomes shady, you'll have to include the method you chose to make your project, why you used and it if it worked, if it didnt tell them what changes you would make.

You should include a working drawing of the project, if nothing else it bulks up the folio itself, but i would definitely include one.

Include a cutting list and the pricing of materials for your project. Talk about why you chose the material you used and why you like it. Also talk about where you sourced the material.

Finally, finish up with a conclusion, this tells the reader about your experience, whether or not you're happy with the outcome and what you would change, blah di blah. oh yeah and include pictures of your project at different stages during the build too, looks well too i think.

if you're having problems trying to word it, talk to your english teacher, thats whats their there for!!
    Anyway, I hope this helps you and i'll have another look for my folio.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Right got A1 in Construction last year. These are my guidelines:

1. Design Brief= make up a statement (design brief) that justifies the production of the project
    2. Analysis of Design Brief= ask any necessary questions that are needed in order to fulfill the brief i.e. what materials are most suitable? etc.
    3. Research= Basically use research to answer the questions generated in the design brief(include sketches)
    4. Development of Design= Use sketches to show how you arrived at the final deisgn suggest many possible solutions
    5. Working Drawings= use pencil drawings and/or solidworks to produce working drawings
    6. Evaluation= highlight good and bad aspects of the project
    7. Conclusions= What you would have done different if repeating the project and what you have learned from the completion of the project.

It is important to include plenty of sketches to show the examiner your thought process

Advertisement