Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved to vodafone from o2, lost phonenumbers

• 16-02-2010 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

So i moved to vodafone today and tried to get some numbers that were on my old o2 sim but it had been deactiviated by o2? How can i get numbers from old sim. I thought that the old sim would still be used in new vodafone phone as i was keeping 086 number ( stupid in hindsight). Anyway , what should have i done ? do those sim reader thing work on such deactivated sims?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheCelticWizard

Good news, the numbers will still be on the sim card even though it's deactivated. There's a few different ways to sort this, would need to know what phones you have to advise you on the easiest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

the old phone is a nokia 5070, new one is nokia 6303. Will the people in vodaphone store be able to get numbers off sim for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

old phone nokia 5070, new phone nokia 6303.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pop back into the Vodafone store and ask them to copy the numbers for you. Most phone stores would have a SIM Copier device.

If they refuse remind them that you just ported over the other day and you're looking for customer service.

Go in when it's quiet though and not 2 mins before closing or at lunch time etc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheCelticWizard

old phone nokia 5070, new phone nokia 6303.

They should be able to do it for you in the store alright. If it doesn't suit you to go back just call o2 on 1850601747 and ask them for the unlock code for the 5070. You can then go to contacts-options-copy-from sim to phone-all-move original and copy all the numbers to the now unlocked phone. Then pop the vodafone sim in and repeat process, substituting "sim to phone" with "phone to sim" and viola, the numbers are transferred plus you have a spare phone for your vodafone sim. O2 will give you the unlock code free of charge as long as you had topped up by 130eu or more over any period of time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement