Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for new build please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

if you want i5 i think you may want to up your budget ur asking for a lot here screen blue-ray and win 7 will eat your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Yeah an i5 build which incl a display, blu-ray & OS does make the price creep up...

The proc you picked is fine, if your trying to get the price down you could opt for an AMD.

The motherboard you picked there is honestly more than you need, you could take 50 quid of it - or more - and it'll still serve your needs.

RAM is fairly low on the list of things you should shell out money for, so you should be looking at under 100 quid for 4GB (if you really do want higher performance RAM, then a suggestion would be some G.Skill Ripjaws from here, I actually bought these 3 weeks ago, very happy with um, but I notice they've gone up nearly 20 quid since >_<)

Those blu-ray drives you linked are the same, so whichever is cheaper to acquire.

Really wouldnt go for that monitor, you can get a lil bigger for a lil less money - thats actually 1080p (unlike the one you linked).

Not sure if your budget is meant to be in Sterling or Euro?

Ill get the ball rolling, from hardwareversand.de

i5build.jpg

They will put it together for you for a small fee, once you tack on shipping and add a TV card, thats your (Euro) budget gone.

Other things to note;
    The GPU is not for gaming, was tricky to pick the right one for you, since all your own needs are very little but when you talk about maybe gaming, you find your tripling that figure to get to the ATI 5700 (The 5670 just doesnt seem like a good deal at about 75 quid it will be hard pressed to play games even at a notch down on resolution and everything set to Medium :s). So ive stuck to a low GPU for now, you could always sell it later and upgrade very easily.
    Also that Blu-ray drive only plays Blu-ray (burns/plays DVDs/CD). That site doesnt have a blu-ray burner, so if that is essential just scratch that one off and source a BD-R elsewhere.

And btw, unless you dont pay VAT, OCUK can be dear.

Advertisement