Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.33..awake again!!

Options
  • 16-02-2010 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

It only clicked me with the other day, when I seen the film.I used to think it was just strange that I woke at 3.33 maybe a couple of times a month.Including tonight. The thing is,I know my clock is wrong.I have it set 15 mins ahead, so I can fool the kids to get up in time in the morning. Talk about thinking I am mad.Its strange, and well, any thoughts ..besides the yep you are mad ones ...welcomed.
    thanks,cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

How many nights a week on average would you wake up at this time? You may be just noticing the time is 3.33 due to that time having a related meaning whereas if it wasn't 3.33 you would wake up and not think any difference. Have you recently watched a movie where the time 3.33 played a part of the movie or where walking up in the middle of the night time was a factor?? This may lead you to be more aware of the time when you wake up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Thats really strange.

Just to add something to this, when i go to check the time in the afternoon and most days the time is 3.33. I noticed this as it was happening more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

no, it would happen often, but after seeing a film , I seen that 3.33 ment something.But it has being happening for a long time, as in two-3 years maybe?Freaked me out big time.
    cathy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its more common than you think. There will be some who will propose that you are waking up during the witching hour. Christ was cruxcified between 3 and 4pm, therefore the opposite to that time is during the am.

The problem with it is that once you get in the habit and especially given you are aware of the issue, you body is getting used to it.

Something similar to me happened when I was a teenager, although it was during the day. For a period of a few months i would always know when it was 12:19pm and would look at my watch at that exact moment. I never thought it supernatural tho. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

What film was that from again? Is it the mothman prophecies or am I thinking of something else??

I had the 11.11 thing for years, doesn't happen anymore though.

• Advertisement

the film was the fouth kind. but DONT watch it if your in anyway...well fragile!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

cathy01 wrote: »
    the film was the fouth kind. but DONT watch it if your in anyway...well fragile!!!
    That is just hollywood mixing the bits they like together for an entertaining movie. Supposed 'alien abudctions' can occur anything night or day, there is not set time.

I honestly think your reading to much into it and wouldn't worry about it. Your just noticing this specific time through association with another known event or meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Some people wake up every day at 8am, no matter if they're working, or not. They could only have had 4 hours sleep, but still wake up at 8am (without any alarm clock set). Try to train yourself to wake up at a different time, maybe?

thanks, I slept like a log last night after my husband swore blind it was made up!,Im a happy camper now.thanks,cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

cathy01 wrote: »
    thanks, I slept like a log last night after my husband swore blind it was made up!,Im a happy camper now.thanks,cathy

:) Glad to hear it. I wouldn't worry that it's anything sinister if it does happen again, more of a body clock issue than paranormal signals!!

Once your mind registered what you thought to be a significant time you probably subconsciously pondered on it too much and your body became concerned and engineered you awakening at that time again and again.

Sleep tight!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

pookie82 wrote: »
    What film was that from again? Is it the mothman prophecies or am I thinking of something else??

I had the 11.11 thing for years, doesn't happen anymore though.

Yes i had 1.11 everday when i was younger everday. It happens now the odd time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

lol, just randomly browsed in here, read a bit, thinking the thread was a bit stupid, and happened to check the time, 15:33 exact :eek:

that's a good trick. Howd you do it?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 red barron

i used to be able to set an alarm in my head, i would visualise waking up at a pacific time say 7:45.

i would concentrate on the time and magically i would normally wake up at that time or a few minutes either side. maybe its a mental thing. you are concentrating on that pacific time and it could be the visualisation that helps you wake up then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Set your alarm for a defferent time, like 7.30 or something ;)

thanks,am working on it.It was 3.45 last night...so progress:}}

Advertisement