Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Zen - Problems connecting to computer

• 16-02-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Creative Zen 32gb:
    Zen%2032GB.jpg

Trouble is, when I connect it to my computer, it might be alright for a few minutes, but then sometimes it'll disconnect, reconnect, disconnect... etc really quickly. I've tried it with different USB cables, in different ports etc but it happens again. Not everytime, but most of the time. I've also tried my old mp3 (an older Zen) and other usb devices with the same cables and ports and they're fine.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

has this just start to happen? is it a new pc ? any peripherals added to the pc recently?

(it could be that something is using all your usb power/ too many peripheral devices connected to the pc)

does the zen have any problems when disconnected? does it play ok etc?

can you supply the zen with power via power adapter while also connecting to usb?

you can make the zen a 'removable disk' too - does this have a problem ?

can you try a different pc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

has this just start to happen? is it a new pc ? any peripherals added to the pc recently? Only got it at Christmas. Doesn't happen every time, just in my mind because it happened a few days ago

(it could be that something is using all your usb power/ too many peripheral devices connected to the pc) I may have had my USB key plugged in too. But it was still happening after I took it out because I wanted to try the Zen in another USB port

does the zen have any problems when disconnected? does it play ok etc? Yeah, everything seems fine with it

can you supply the zen with power via power adapter while also connecting to usb? No, it's charged via the USB port. But when charging it, I have a USB adapter thing

you can make the zen a 'removable disk' too - does this have a problem ? No idea, I'll try that later, in work at the minute

can you try a different pc ? Not really. No other PCs in the house

I might try reinstalling the software if I can't find any other solution, see if that'll do it

Advertisement