Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Rockwool Behind Foilback Plasterboard Wall

• 16-02-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I seem to only have foilbacked plasterboard on the back of an attic room walls in our new house. Can I add a layer of kingspan or rockwool on the foil back side or would this cause some issue? I assume the foil back is for vapour resistance or something like that.

Any info would be super,

BE.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

blackeyes wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I seem to only have foilbacked plasterboard on the back of an attic room walls in our new house. Can I add a layer of kingspan or rockwool on the foil back side or would this cause some issue? I assume the foil back is for vapour resistance or something like that.

Any info would be super,

BE.

Blackeyes.
    There is no problem with insulating the attic walls, best using a sheet type insulation as the rockwool is messy, seal the joints after with silver tape.

CC

Advertisement