Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The latest terrorist attack in the republic, who did it?

Options
  • 16-02-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

The "fire" or petrol bombing or what ever it may have been , of the Nirvana headstore on capel street seems to be the result of a media campagin to aggrivate the nations "conserned " parents .

Or perhaps those aggrivated by losing out on their profits from the black market versions of the products.

"Gardai believe the fire was started deliberately, most likely by a burning accelerant being thrown into the building from the street."-herald

"Residents, who had to leave a nearby building, reported hearing an explosion when the fire broke out at around 6.30am."-rte

Even now the Irish media refuses to call it terrorism ,is more concerned with the money in the shops safe and the fact it was beside a sex shop, its as approving as they can get away with being without getting sued.

A media bias ?Or is that crazy talk?

How much money does any night club in town have in its safe at the end of the month?

Does an act only become terrorism when labeled so by the mass media?

Is Grannie Kenney now a suspected terrorist? Will hunter-killer drones be passing over her house any time soon?

Terrorism -is it ok when its inspired by prohibition?

Its kinda like when they burnt and cut down all those cider apple trees in the states during alcohol prohibition ....

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/traffic-chaos-three-days-on-from-city-head-shop-blaze-2063949.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0212/dublin.html

What do you think ? Who did it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Duffo from Ballyer did it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

The Outraged Parents of the Joe Duffy Militia. with Gráinne Kenny lurking in the shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I heard that the guy who owns that shop and the sex shop next to it(classy portfolio of businesses btw) had been warned by "rival gangs" (read: disgruntled out of pocket drug dealers) that his businesses would be torched, whether it would be for protection money or to cease trading I don't know.
    It's inevitable that these people will be caught and have "the book" thrown at them. The damage to those buildings was catastrophic as well as the damage to commerce in the area.
    The amount of CCTV camera's in that area alone would suggest that whoever commited the crime will soon be getting three square meals a day and a roof over their heads courtesy of the tax payer.

In the history of hair brained schemes this will surely have it's page fairly soon.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

nullzero wrote: »
    I heard that the guy who owns that shop and the sex shop next to it(classy portfolio of businesses btw) had been warned by "rival gangs" (read: disgruntled out of pocket drug dealers) that

It's inevitable that these people will be caught and have "the book" thrown at them. The damage to those buildings was catastrophic as well as the damage to commerce in the area.

In the history of hair brained schemes this will surely have it's page fairly soon.

probably a porono book

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭def

the problem with if it was orginised by a gang it was almost certainly some thick kid or junkie who owed money ,

id probably go for disgruntled parent / anti-drug warrior

if it is a parent or the anti fun crew then this was an act of terrorism , but they'll almost certainly get many a pat on the back walking into court,sickning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

MOSAD did it! No... wait. CIA, MI5, MI6! CIA ... no hold on, Kights of Columbanus, fer sure twas them so it was!

Cop on

Same ****, different arse.

°°°°°

MOSAD did it! No... wait. CIA, MI5, MI6! CIA ... no hold on, Kights of Columbanus, fer sure twas them so it was!

Cop on

Same ****, different arse.

What are you getting at?
    I don't believe that even the most hardened CT'er would claim that the burning down of head shops is being commited by any of those groups, it's not something to be very paranoid about, unless you live next to a head shop.

But kudos for your hilarious post, I'm sure it had 'em rolling around in the aisles.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I heard that the guy who owns that shop and the sex shop next to it(classy portfolio of businesses btw) had been warned by "rival gangs" (read: disgruntled out of pocket drug dealers) that his businesses would be torched, whether it would be for protection money or to cease trading I don't know.
    The amount of CCTV camera's in that area alone would suggest that whoever committed the crime will soon be getting three square meals a day and a roof over their heads courtesy of the tax payer.

It would be easier for the authorities to let thugs shut down these shops through threats, fear and humiliation rather than passing legislation. Legislation will only make the government unpopular with those that favour these places.

No landlord will want their property put at risk if their tenants pose any type of a liability to themselves or surrounds.

Therefore I could see it in the interest of the authorities to keep a blind eye to the CCTV networks and let "nature" take its course to shut down these places.

It will only be a matter of time before the EU will have them stamped out altogether, so no matter which way you look at them their days are numbered.

°°°°°

It would be easier for the authorities to let thugs shut down these shops through threats, fear and humiliation rather than passing legislation. Legislation will only make the government unpopular with those that favour these places.

No landlord will want their property put at risk if their tenants pose any type of a liability to themselves or surrounds.

Therefore I could see it in the interest of the authorities to keep a blind eye to the CCTV networks and let "nature" take its course to shut down these places.

It will only be a matter of time before the EU will have them stamped out altogether, so no matter which way you look at them their days are numbered.

I see what you're saying, but in the long run allowing gangs torch these places would have much greater ramifications.
    The cost invloved with closing Capel St off for three days and cleaning up the mess caused by fire must have been collossal, I doubt that the authorities can afford many more incidents like that.
    I can see how the authorities would like them to dissapear altogether, it's hardly a secret that the so called NWO who claim to be fighting against drugs are more than a little invloved in their production and distribution, we cant be going down the road of taxing these substances when there's more money to be made seeling them illegally, that would just make sense.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

What are you getting at?
    I don't believe that even the most hardened CT'er would claim that the burning down of head shops is being commited by any of those groups, it's not something to be very paranoid about, unless you live next to a head shop.

But kudos for your hilarious post, I'm sure it had 'em rolling around in the aisles.

Did it again, came back last night totally off my tits and don't remember writing any of that! Jeezus .. what the hell was I getting at?

Dunno, looks like I was reiterating that (seemingly disparate) western secret services ultimately work together - which to me anyway is pretty obvious - but as regards any of them being involved in burning down head shops, in all fairness, this particular incident in the op doesn't sound like any co-ordinated effort! Like you say, it's far cheaper and more efficient to just legislate them into oblivion.

There sure is a lot of money to be made with street drugs though, money 'off the books', (and all that black-ops money has to come from somewhere). It does make sense to get rid of the competition, at some point. I know a fair number of people who've stopped buying dope in favour of that 'spice' stuff, same with those herbal Es, and added together it must be cutting into their profit margin by now ...

Like, given the choice over some (relatively) clean alternative, to some dodgy gunk laced with out of date knocked-off largactil and god know what else, most people with any cop on would go for the herbal. And a lot of people are copping on these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

I reckon the conspiracy goes a lot deeper than just a few drug dealing gangs getting rid of the competition.Interestingly the Tap pub was burned down this morning in Dublin city centre

12K of dope was found in a head shop the same day Nirvana went up. Could this have been planted by the dealers.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/836412k-worth-of-cannabis-is-seized-in-headshop-2069192.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Dunno how related it is but the last couple of weeks there has been a shortage of herion on the streets, well around the city centre anyway. Lots of people were making themselves very sick by injecting one of the legal highs.

studiorat wrote: »
    Dunno how related it is but the last couple of weeks there has been a shortage of herion on the streets, well around the city centre anyway. Lots of people were making themselves very sick by injecting one of the legal highs.
    That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I guess they they would get very very sick as none of these pills are designed to be induced by injection as they come in tablet form. More than likely they could have picked up contaminates, diseases etc from dirty needles and air getting into the bloodstream which is also extremly dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

def wrote: »
    The "fire" or petrol bombing or what ever it may have been , of the Nirvana headstore on capel street seems to be the result of a media campagin to aggrivate the nations "conserned " parents .

Or perhaps those aggrivated by losing out on their profits from the black market versions of the products.

"Gardai believe the fire was started deliberately, most likely by a burning accelerant being thrown into the building from the street."-herald

"Residents, who had to leave a nearby building, reported hearing an explosion when the fire broke out at around 6.30am."-rte

Even now the Irish media refuses to call it terrorism ,is more concerned with the money in the shops safe and the fact it was beside a sex shop, its as approving as they can get away with being without getting sued.

A media bias ?Or is that crazy talk?

How much money does any night club in town have in its safe at the end of the month?

Does an act only become terrorism when labeled so by the mass media?

Is Grannie Kenney now a suspected terrorist? Will hunter-killer drones be passing over her house any time soon?

Terrorism -is it ok when its inspired by prohibition?

Its kinda like when they burnt and cut down all those cider apple trees in the states during alcohol prohibition ....

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/traffic-chaos-three-days-on-from-city-head-shop-blaze-2063949.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0212/dublin.html

What do you think ? Who did it?

"Terrorism"? I'm sorry, where's the terror used to coerce a population?
    Aron is not, repeat NOT, terrorism.

Dealers burnt them out most likely, that is not even close to terrorism. You might as well call it kidnapping; it just isn't.

Sleipnir wrote: »

Dealers burnt them out most likely, that is not even close to terrorism. You might as well call it kidnapping; it just isn't.

Yes it is terrorism , burning of many businesses(noncombatant targets) , there was an owner shot a while back also, fear mongering over the products effects by the media and attempted smearing of the victims with "the owner also owns a sex shop ,,there was x amount in the safe" etc

there may be no explicit orchestrated plan ,but there are many orginisations and figures acting to achive a commen political goal, violence and the creation of an atmosphere of fear/terror have been used - this means its terrorism
    Terrorism is defined as political violence in an asymmetrical conflict that is designed to induce terror and psychic fear (sometimes indiscriminate) through the violent victimization and destruction of noncombatant targets (sometimes iconic symbols). Such acts are meant to send a message from an illicit clandestine organization. The purpose of terrorism is to exploit the media in order to achieve maximum attainable publicity as an amplifying force multiplier in order to influence the targeted audience(s) in order to reach short- and midterm political goals and/or desired long-term end states

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

Sleipnir wrote: »

what if someone burnt down 20 gardai stations and the dail and presidents gaff because they wanted all headshops shut down , would that be terrorism?

Or would they it have to include ak-47's and plastic explosives and people with baliclavas or headscarfs and beards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

i heard from a friend that it was done by a secret organisation from the government...
    reason was to distract news from other high level meetings happening in the city that day...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

it was joe duffy

°°°°°

robtri wrote: »
    i heard from a friend that it was done by a secret organisation from the government...
    reason was to distract news from other high level meetings happening in the city that day...

Really?
    Have you got any further information?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement