Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volvo S40 2006 Rear Light

• 16-02-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Guys, Had a "tip" with my light now needing replacement, does anyone know where i can get a rear light cluster at a good price? some of the quotes i have been getting are CRAZY!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Try your local motor factors.

We bought a replacment rear light cluster for an E90 3 series for around €100 less than BMW were quoting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

http://www.continentalcarbreakers.co.uk/

These guys were very cheap when I had a problem.. Irish scrap yards were crap.. Postage for my 15kgs was £15 SAved myself over €400... Yes that much!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try www.micksgarage.com , usually cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

high heels wrote: »
    http://www.continentalcarbreakers.co.uk/

These guys were very cheap when I had a problem.. Irish scrap yards were crap.. Postage for my 15kgs was £15 SAved myself over €400... Yes that much!!!

Excellent!

Now all i need is a part number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try www.micksgarage.com , usually cheap enough.

They don't have that many parts for the MkII S40 though.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    They don't have that many parts for the MkII S40 though.

Yep they dont have them

Trying a few places in the uk now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I called my motor factors who only do panelling for the Volvo. He said most factors would be the same.

Sorry.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

mcshape wrote: »
    Excellent!

Now all i need is a part number!

Here you go.You didnt mention what side in your OP.

Housing, L.H., with foglight 1.00 31213554

Housing, R.H., with foglight 1.00 30698347

Housing, R.H., without foglight 1.00 31213555

2 types for the right hand lamp depending on if the foglight is in that side.We just order the one with foglight since it does both--Its going to be either one of the 2 Ive highlighted.I have right hand one in stock.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Here you go.You didnt mention what side in your OP.

Housing, L.H., with foglight 1.00 31213554

Housing, R.H., with foglight 1.00 30698347

Housing, R.H., without foglight 1.00 31213555

2 types for the right hand lamp depending on if the foglight is in that side.We just order the one with foglight since it does both--Its going to be either one of the 2 Ive highlighted.I have right hand one in stock.

Its LHS, Not sure what side the fog is in, can you PM me a price?
    This is all a result of a d******d parking on the footpath outside my driveway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The rear fog light is in the LHS rear light cluster to my knowledge. I can double check mine tonight if you want.

If you want to go down the second hand route then traynors up north are worth trying. www.traynors.co.uk Don't bother e-mailing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

mcshape wrote: »
    Guys, Had a "tip" with my light now needing replacement, does anyone know where i can get a rear light cluster at a good price? some of the quotes i have been getting are CRAZY!

Did you try Ebay?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

bazz26 wrote: »
    The rear fog light is in the LHS rear light cluster to my knowledge. I can double check mine tonight if you want.

Theres definatley a fog in the LH side but some models have a fog in both--Hence the reason they list 2 different RH lamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jarmstrong001

I needed a part for my S40 and this seller in liverpool had it for a lot cheaper than anywhere else
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/vanroyce1991

Advertisement