Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered Laptop in Ranelagh

Options
  • 16-02-2010 11:57am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Heya,

Not sure if this is the right forum. I was minding my own business whilst walking along yesterday. A car (silver Renault Clio) pulled up with a couple of young lads (dark hair, 20s ish, I think) in it and they offered me a laptop (think it was a black Sony Vaio).

Could be just a one off thing, but keep an eye out in case this happens to you. I wasn't able to get the full car reg because they flew on as soon as I said no thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

People always assume the worst . Shame on you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I winder what the next step is? They accompany you to the cashlink and do you over after you take out the cash?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

People always assume the worst . Shame on you

Seriously? Because people pull over all the time and offer you a cheap laptop?!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

but when you buy it, you get a laptop bag with a pint of milk in it:D..........

it will leave a sour taste though :o...............(fine, i'll go now)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

They will show you a brand new laptop and bag, after you have taken the bait and have gone to get the money they will have swapped the laptop for either a bottle of water or phone book ( so the bag will feel the right weight). They then give you the laptop bag in exchange for the money.
    You end up with a very expensive laptop bag & bottle of water, but no laptop.

This scam has been going on for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Paulyh beat me to the explanation, hard to type fast on the iPhone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Dyflin wrote: »
    Seriously? Because people pull over all the time and offer you a cheap laptop?!

Don't, it's what he wants:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Shame on you op you passed up an opportunity to get a lovely phonebook in a fancy shmancy laptop box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

How much? :pac:

Advertisement