Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suit Needed for a Wedding - Any Sales etc. on in Dublin

• 16-02-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Have a wedding next week and looking to pick up a new suit. Have a couple of work suits but tired of them and want to pick up something new.

If anyone knows of any sales preferably south city centre would appreciate it. Not looking to spend more then around €250.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

There's a place on O'Connell Street, as you walk towards the river from the spire its on your left, its a suit shop that has some pretty massive discounts advertised in the window, suits for €99 etc.. looked to have some nice-ish stuff when I was in but I only browsed for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

Not looking to spend more then around €250.

Louis Copeland on Capel St. have some great deals on at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Louis Copeland on Capel St. have some great deals on at the moment!

Thanks had a quick look on their website though and it says suits starting from €399

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭r0qi4162fux9kg

Thanks had a quick look on their website though and it says suits starting from €399

If you get a chance pop down to the Capel St. shop, have suits in the window reduced to E199/299.

He normally throws in a free shirt too, especially if your paying cash.

S

Cheers might pop in on Thursday for late opening if I don't find anything by then. Bit too much of a trek to make from Harcourt st. at lunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

My OH got this a about 2 weeks ago http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Tailoring-Black-Pindot-Suit/pgeproduct.aspx?sgid=1200&cid=5678&Rf-200=4&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black for an emergency suit that he needed to be Godfather and a Christening... I must say, whent he suit arrived it actually turned out to be gorgeous... Great material, and could be teamed up with anything... The legs wern't too narrow and to be honest he genuinely looked great in it. Don't let the t-shirt and scarf put you off. My OH teamed it with a pink crisp shirt and a pair of these : http://www.asos.com/Asos-Collection/Asos-Patent-Pointed-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=797259&cid=5678&Rf-100=Shoes+-+Smart&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=BlackPatent

He's wearing the same rig out to a wedding on Saturday, with a tie...

Thanks for that. How long did it take to arrive after ordering?

You have an option, €6 is about a week... and for €12 you can get it within 3 days or so. It tells you upon purchase what day it will come.

Its great material, and as suits go, it does the job for any occasion!

They also have a great return policy it something doesn't fit, however if you need the suit within the next 2 weeks, I'd defiantly get going on ordering as if anything does go wrong with sizes etc, you want to have yourself covered time wise.

fend wrote: »
    You have an option, €6 is about a week... and for €12 you can get it within 3 days or so. It tells you upon purchase what day it will come.

Its great material, and as suits go, it does the job for any occasion!

They also have a great return policy it something doesn't fit, however if you need the suit within the next 2 weeks, I'd defiantly get going on ordering as if anything does go wrong with sizes etc, you want to have yourself covered time wise.

Wel you sold me! Went for the same suit, different shoes and various other bits and pieces and still less than what I was going to spend on just the suit so fingers crossed it fits now!

Hadn't clicked to place my order when I wrote above. Had a search on the web. Found a 20% discount code. Postage then only cost me £3.96 for 3 day delivery. I think this must be because I didn't change the currency to euro. Found that the conversion rate was way out on the clothes.

Discount code is ASOSINSTYLE if anyones interested

• Advertisement

Yea http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/ is usually good for the aul ASOS codes...

Let us know how you get on with it :D!

Advertisement