Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good plays on in DUblin this Friday?

Options
  • 16-02-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Can any of you recommend a good play in Dublin this firday (19th) ? Preferably something that is quite central.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gingersnap99

Can highly recommend Waiting For IKEA in The Civic Theatre in Tallaght http://www.civictheatre.ie/Theatre.htm. It's a bit out but is easily accessible by the LUAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

"Little Gem" at the Peacock - three intertwining monologues delivered by three generations of Dublin women - very funny at turns and at other times poignant and hard-hitting. Mostly about disconnection and inadequacy in relationships. Very good.

"Faith Healer" at the Gate. Haven't seen this production but heard great things about it. Owen Roe in one of his rare leading roles steals the show. Again three intertwining monologues - two men and one woman, but very compelling. Alternately spooky and mesmerizing. I spoke to the guy who lit this run and the previous one with Ralph Fiennes - he said this one is the one to go to.

"The Playboy of the Western World" at the Millbank theatre. Can't vouch for this production I'm afraid, just love the play. Hiberno-English at its best with a funny melodramatic plot that grows very dark and speaks volumes about Irish history and the condition of the country at the turn of the 20th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭baz_ctr

Spore wrote: »
    "
    "Faith Healer" at the Gate. Haven't seen this production but heard great things about it. Owen Roe in one of his rare leading roles steals the show. Again three intertwining monologues - two men and one woman, but very compelling. Alternately spooky and mesmerizing. I spoke to the guy who lit this run and the previous one with Ralph Fiennes - he said this one is the one to go to.

"

Sorry for highjacking your thread

that sounds good how long is it running for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Running till 20th Feb - Saturday in other words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Cheers for the suggestions folks. I aint gonna be up that way myself but I've passed this info on to the person for whom I was enquiring. Seems like there's some interesting options there for them to choose from.

• Advertisement
Advertisement