Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy woman attacked me for parking

Options
  • 16-02-2010 12:15pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up to anyone who parks in Woodbine Road that there's at least one crazy resident there. She decided to have a go at me this morning. I was parked legally as the rules of the road say: I was not obstructing a driveway on the left, not opposite a driveway on the right and not encroaching on the footpath. She roared out the window of a kids-laden SUV to "go and park in UCD". I just yelled back at her that she should watch the road and not be roaring at pedestrians. Basically just reminding everyone that it's a public road and as long as the laughable situation about parking in UCD persists, you've a perfect right to park there once you're within the law. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

pfff women

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

she was probably just frustrated because she got a little lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I'd say she fancied you. Nowadays, it's a bit tricky reading the signs correctly.

was she a milf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Can't see why you wouldn't want to park in UCD

26012010072.jpg

26012010073.jpg

26012010074.jpg

• Advertisement

Hemmed in by two completely **** cars. Im sure you have tried to get out of that carpark only to find that someone has parked across the entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Grimes wrote: »
    Hemmed in by two completely **** cars. Im sure you have tried to get out of that carpark only to find that someone has parked across the entrance?

Its not as bad as the unpaved car park near the water tower. Especially when it floods and people block about 30 cars in as they park across that bit between the overflow car park and the main unpaved car park near the water tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Parking is nothing short of a disaster in ucd after half 9 the rodeo starts wit people goin crazy for parking .Is there any plans for parking to be improved ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

OP should get a job with a tabloid, he has the skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

With builders dying for work these days, UCD should take advantage of cheaper rates and build a multi-story car park. Nothing huge, even 2 stories on top of the one behind Quinn, would drastically reduce the carnage in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Gingy wrote: »
    With builders dying for work these days, UCD should take advantage of cheaper rates and build a multi-story car park. Nothing huge, even 2 stories on top of the one behind Quinn, would drastically reduce the carnage in the mornings.

Underground is the best thing for carparks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Or just pave and mark the ones they already have...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

They should do a multi-storey AND have a paid-for permit system with barriers (like they used to have!).

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

UCD cannot get planning permission to have extra parking spaces. When you next meet a local resident suggest that they have their local councillor address this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

You would need a lot more parking spaces in UCD before it became comfortable. Another story or two on an existing carpark wouldn't be enough. If there were more spaces available, some people who currently don't park there would switch over to parking. You would not see much improvement.

Charging would probably help, in that if you were willing to pay the charge you'd be more likely to get a spot without driving around for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Parking is a farce in UCD. I got my passenger door smashed in one day ffs. Jokeshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Zuffer wrote: »
    get a spot without driving around for ages.

This does my head in.

If you've got a lecture at 11 say you still have to go in as though you have a lecture at ten or you haven't a hope of getting parking.

The amount of times I've gone in for a lecture at 11 or 12, not got parking and just gone home is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Frisbee wrote: »
    This does my head in.

If you've got a lecture at 11 say you still have to go in as though you have a lecture at ten or you haven't a hope of getting parking.

The amount of times I've gone in for a lecture at 11 or 12, not got parking and just gone home is ridiculous.

If I cant find a spot in UCD I get a spot in the area the OP mentioned or the area near Bird Avenue. Its a 10-15 minute walk but means you dont get to miss a lecture

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Frisbee wrote: »
    This does my head in.

Back when I was a student (only 10 years ago) we were lucky enough to scratch enough money together to have a pint. Ah you students with cars:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

They should at least introduce a card scanning system so that it's just students and staff that can use it.

Annoys the hell out of me when people drive in from the likes of Stillorgan. 46A comes once every 5 seconds and gets you in in no time. Youve no need to drive!

• Advertisement

Cerocco wrote: »
    Back when I was a student (only 10 years ago) we were lucky enough to scratch enough money together to have a pint. Ah you students with cars:D:D

Did you also go to school in your bare feet and get coal for christmas ? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I don't blame her, I'd get pretty pissed off if a **** load of students parked up and down the road outside my house...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

dyl10 wrote: »
    I don't blame her, I'd get pretty pissed off if a **** load of students parked up and down the road outside my house...

Your house is pretty close to a bus stop, isn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

I can understand where this woman is coming from, I live beside a train station in a commuter area for Dublin. And it is SOOO annoyoing having people parking outside your house, constantly.
    People park on our road every day and its a cul-de-sac, most people do regard the rules of the road and dont obstruct the driveways. But then there are also lots of idiots who dont give a f**k about the residents.
    Legally they are entitled to park there, so long as it is legally parked and they have paid their road tax !
    There are also times when people are not technically obstructing your driveway but make it very awkward for maneuvering and getting in and out of your driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

I was cycling in past the slip road/flyover around half seven this morning, the residential road paralel to the slip road was full of parked cars, while the car parks in ucd were still empty(more less).

Looks to me like non ucd folk are doing most of the parking there.

stop wrote: »
    I was cycling in past the slip road/flyover around half seven this morning, the residential road paralel to the slip road was full of parked cars, while the car parks in ucd were still empty(more less).

Looks to me like non ucd folk are doing most of the parking there.

Park and royde?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Park and royde?
    Probably...

Seriously thought if you buy a house close to a train station or university prepare to have to deal with parking on your street. As for people blocking driveways thats because people are generally tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Did you also go to school in your bare feet and get coal for christmas ? :p:D

Wow, you should take that act on the road! What's your comment on her point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

dyl10 wrote: »

Have to agree. Its all well and good if you don't live there. The parking in UCD is a mess but it doesn't mean we should all go out into the local community and block up local roads. If you park on the road beside a house you should be around to move your car if needs be. Its common decency regardless if your parked "legally" etc.

What if, extreme situation, but your car had to be moved for emergency access etc? Oh wait, the owner is 15 mins away in UCD and non-resident. Insurance won't cover you if the fire brigade have to move your car. And by move its more of a cut the door off type of maneuver. :pac:

Advertisement