Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy woman attacked me for parking

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

If you were a developer and could cram 20 apartments into the space of 15 and sell for the same price...

And again: The country's rotten to the core (discuss)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Not quite threadomancy, but the Gombeen Man blog had a good suggestion as to an acronym for such people as the OP encountered - ARSE = Any Road Somewhere Else

Full post is here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

ironclaw wrote: »
    Parked legally or not, your still not a resident and don't really have a right to just park your car there.

I can park wherever i want once it is legal.
    But saying that, if I was absolutely with no other option and something major depended on it, I would probably park there. But not all day.

"I don't live here but my lecture is calling, so that gives me an excuse" isn't really a great attitude.

Alot of students don't have any other option but park on these roads and where are students supposed to park when they need to get to their lectures?
    if they cannot park on these roads then they should just go home and miss over half their lectures a year? Kinda defeats the purpose of going in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Parked legally or not, your still not a resident and don't really have a right to just park your car there.

Yes, you do, if you're parked legally.
    betafrog wrote: »
    it would take 45 minutes to cycle (a LOT of uphill cycling involved)
    Hills. Steep steep hills.

I can do Blanchardstown to UCD in about 45 minutes. There really aren't that many very steep hills in Dublin, and those that you do encounter are quite short. Someone cycling regularly and on a decent bike will very soon get used to the little bit of climbing and wonder what the fuss was about :)
    Transport is the smallest contributor to environmental problems, at least on a CO2 level. Forestry and Industry are both individually bigger.

I took it that the earlier poster was referring in particular to car driving as an "inefficient and environmentally unsound mode of transportation" when compared with cycling. The position of the transport sector taken as a whole is a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Preusse wrote: »
    I'd say she fancied you. Nowadays, it's a bit tricky reading the signs correctly.
    :p:):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

*yawn* I used to cycle from Ballymun to UCD everyday on a racer in 40 minutes. I will never do it again. The average Dublin driver is too stupid and too angry to make cycling a viable option over a long period. And considering I've managed to break 2 derailleurs going up hill trying to cycle from Ballinteer, well I think that it's enough of explanation of how steep the hills are.

What's more, with the Irish weather I'd much rather it take me twice as long (which it never does) and be warm, dry and comfortable, than be wet, cold, tired and scared ****less.

Begrudgery, it's a beautiful thing ain't it?

Lol, are you still persisting with the bullsh*tting? Sure, two derailleurs, right, because the hills are just that steep! Same as there's no buses from Ballinteer and you've got Katmandu between you and campus...

No-one is begrudging you the use of your car, but you are seriously deluding yourself if you seriously believe what you've posted in this thread about the alternatives. You're being proven wrong every day by all the people who are choosing not to drive. Drive your car, enjoy it, but don't be complaining about traffic and parking - you're contributing to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Cyclists are smelly and on par with "smelly smokers". I have a moral and nasal objection to people cycling to college and not showering before lectures. Busses also smell and are stocked full or mentalers. My car has Ivam Yeats, tea, smoke space and a heater. Ill drive in and then use the excuse about being unable to find parking as a valid one for missing tutorials and lectures.

Ah life.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I live in a cul de sac near a Dart station and do find it annoying sometimes re:people parking on our road who do not live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

noodler wrote: »
    I live in a cul de sac near a Dart station
    So do I.
    and do find it annoying sometimes re:people parking on our road who do not live there.
    Why? I've never understood this. If they're not obstructing anything then I don't see the problem.

Advertisement