Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Transporter Wiper Speed

• 16-02-2010 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Hi guy's I have a 01 Transporter and when I went to use the wipers yesterday there was only one speed left for the wipers which is the fastest.
    Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'm thinking it could be a relay?? Anyone know where I can find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd be more inclined to suspect either the switch or the motor. There is no relay for the wipers although there is a relay sized control unit for intermittent settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'd be more inclined to suspect either the switch or the motor. There is no relay for the wipers although there is a relay sized control unit for intermittent settings.

I didn't know that there wasn't a relay,When you say switch do you mean the stalk? I swapped in a different motor,linkage and a stalk for another transporter but it was still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yes I mean the stalk. Maybe you have a wiring problem. It might be time to get out a voltmeter and do some serious digging.

Advertisement