Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please folks

Options
  • 16-02-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ive got mcsa and mcitp enterprise server and find it difficult to remember information as I do not use these day to day. I wanted to do these as a personal goal as was not for a long time due to personal difficulties.

I used server software, books and nuggets to study so have good grounding

Ive msca on cv so im getting all mcsa questions on interviews - obviously I know

Am I better leaving mcsa off and putting maybe 1 or 2 individual certs there as it will:

1 Probably cut down on amount of interviews I get as most look for mcsa/mcse/ccna but I am constantly studing to keep my information fresh

2 I will l get questions at lower level for interviews I do get

What ye think

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I've found that the best jobs are the ones without technical interviews... well at least those that don't get specific.

Anyone that knows about interviewing will know that there is no way that you can judge somebody from a technical point of view without having them work for a probationary period.

Just my 2 cents on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Id like to get a sys admin job working in a windows environment. I currently do level 2 on a helpdesk but dont do much server work

Id like to get to desktop support and then junior sys admin thats the ideal path but things here in ireland are slow so not many opportunities

I understand if I get interviews I have a good chance at job so must be giving answers that are letting me down

Ive a friend who is a sys admin and who does alot of interviews so Im going to get him to give me a mock interview and then he can give me feedback where Im going wrong

On another note after an interview is it a good idea to call the company and speak to the interviewer for feedback- should this be done next day or after HR have contacted to say I did not get job. I would do this to show interest in company for future positions

Thanks all
    Noel

Advertisement