Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom v845 Maps released

Options
  • 16-02-2010 12:34pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

TomTom's latest map release v845 are available from today.
    Maps are available here
    or directly via Tom Tom home
    Any issues with these maps please post in this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Can they maps be used with TT Navigator 7?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't think so. It looks like TT Navigator 7 maps are going to be released ones a year.
    http://www.tomtom.com/landing_pages/navigator7/en-ie/maps.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Any major updates that you've noticed with the latest maps koolkid? I will download myself later this week.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Doing a lot of testing on another device with 840 maps at the moment. havn,t been out much with the new maps. Hope to go for a good drive with them at the weekend.

Koolkid, how do I save my Favourites and then add them to the newly downloaded map? I lose them every time!

• Advertisement

Favourites are always an issue. You ca try copy over the mapsettings.cfg file, but it doesn't always work.
    Insted of using favourites you should set them up as a custom POI catogory. Then you can simply copy/paste from map to map.

Downloaded and installed latest maps. Made a mess of saving favourites so lost them again! I see that the recently completed M1/M50 freeflow junctions etc. are included so that's a good start!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

koolkid wrote: »
    TomTom's latest map release v845 are available from today.
    Maps are available here
    or directly via Tom Tom home
    Any issues with these maps please post in this thread.

Driving around North Dublin and County it looks much improved. Incl M50/M1

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Just updated maps on 730. 1 question ........... I only have 1.5mb free on internal memory after update ........ whats the plan for the next one !!! I notive that the dutch voice takes up about 40mb but surely I dont have to delete those to keep updating ? I have a 2gb sd card installed but will the updater use this to install anything over the 2gb map size ?

Thanks

No, but you can install an entire map on the SD card. You could also use a bigger memory card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any idea why the new maps still have no indication as to the speed zones around the Waterford City bypass? It has the road and toll perfect but no speed limits. I did submit them over the user contributions but there not showing since I updated the maps.

Also, I drove the N25 Waterford to Cork road today with the GPS and made note of where the car indicator on the map goes completely off the road causing the directions to mess up also. I took note from the way home.

The problem arises briefly outside Dungarvan town - N 52 08.146' W 7 33.678'. I am near N52/E30, Garranbane, between Knocknagranagh Park (2350m) and R676 (4150m). Its fine all through Lemybrien and then kicks up again just as the turn to the Mahon Falls approaches and remains a complete mess until a short distance before the bypass beings. It continues to around this point: N 52 13.471' W 7 20.755'. I am on the N25/E30, Ardeenloun, between R677 (5250 m) and R680 (6950 m).

Hope that information helps in tracking down the dodgy map and fixing. :)

That information is very helpful. I'll run a demo, get a few screenshots & submit it to the powers that be. Speed limits are not easy to keep right TBH. Has anyone noticed how the M50 dropped to 100kph now that 3 lanes are open. Does that make any sense? The best bet is to keep correcting on your device & set it to share.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

That information is very helpful. I'll run a demo, get a few screenshots & submit it to the powers that be. Speed limits are not easy to keep right TBH. Has anyone noticed how the M50 dropped to 100kph now that 3 lanes are open. Does that make any sense? The best bet is to keep correcting on your device & set it to share.

Good stuff.. if you need further assistance, let me be. The bypass has no speed limits yet all surrounding roads do.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Each time a new map comes out I check the area bordered roughly by Tyrellstown, the M50, N2 and Cruiserath/Ballycoolin Road as that has not been updated for ages. The whole of Tyrellstown is not even on it.

Once that is updated, I will consider upgrading my map. Until then I will stay with my 2 year old one which still is adequate for my needs.

There is still a lot of work going on around Cruiserath/Ballycoolin Road .

There is still a lot of work going on around Cruiserath/Ballycoolin Road .

Weak excuse.

Tyrellstown has been there for over three years at least, the new parallel Corduff Road for just as long with missing roundabouts at both ends. Damastown Avenue has been there for over a year with the roundabout at Church Road missing too, just as the other ones in that road. Cruiserath Road still has the old layout with the bend at the end near Tyrellstown. The roundabout at Hollystown… missing. Do I need to go on?

Or does TeleAtlas/Tom Tom wait until all road works are finished in Dublin 15 before we get an update?

Strange that Navteq/Garmin seems to be able to update this much, much faster. Sheer laziness from TomTom I would say.

bigar wrote: »
    Weak excuse.
    Not an excuse an observation
    Tyrellstown has been there for over three years at least, the new parallel Corduff Road for just as long with missing roundabouts at both ends. Damastown Avenue has been there for over a year with the roundabout at Church Road missing too, just as the other ones in that road. Cruiserath Road still has the old layout with the bend at the end near Tyrellstown. The roundabout at Hollystown…
    I agree that location has been behind for a long time. WRT roundabouts, they change a lot. I would recommend adding them via mapshare. Also post the corrections in the sticky so others can do the same. That will help get more corrections passed.
    does TeleAtlas/Tom Tom wait until all road works are finished in Dublin 15 before we get an update?
    Looking at the M50/ N2 & M50 /N3 intersections I would have to say no.
    If anything those corrections are too early on v845 . I would have held out till v850
    Strange that Navteq/Garmin seems to be able to update this much, much faster. Sheer laziness from TomTom I would say.
    I use Navteq also for comparision. I find they are better around the country in general. But at street level in Dublin TT are a bit ahead IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Each time a new map comes out I check the area bordered roughly by Tyrellstown, the M50, N2 and Cruiserath/Ballycoolin Road as that has not been updated for ages. The whole of Tyrellstown is not even on it.

Once that is updated, I will consider upgrading my map. Until then I will stay with my 2 year old one which still is adequate for my needs.

Stupid question, but how do ya check without buying the map?

Stupid question, but how do ya check without buying the map?

Google Maps using the same data as TomTom uses but is a few versions behind (3-9 months) to the actual GPS map - which itself is well behind the actual road situation. The one on the TomTom site is more recent http://www.routes.tomtom.com/t/#/. Not sure it is actually the most recent one, though.

I notice they actually updated the area I mentioned before now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Are the ones on Tomtoms route planner v8.45?

• Advertisement

Koolkid

I had a big crash lately and have eventually managed to get me stuff back. Something I noticed today although and maybe you can check it out. On ver 840 the new section of motorway on the M8 from Culahill was open and the roundabout at Culahill was on it. On a trip to Cork today the unit was trying to send me all the way round the world to get onto the M8 but not at Culahill. I've just noticed that this area has completely changed (gone backwards) on 845. Is this the case or is there a problem with my mapping. I'm on 845.2645

Thanks

Paul

Bump

Can you post coordinates for this. I will try get screen shots from both maps.

52.80240°N, 7.50406°W

Thanks

You are correct.
    Here on 840 the roundabout is present
    m8-840.gif
    But gone on 845.
    m8-845.gif
    Will send report.Thanks

Thanks

Its fairly major ..... main Dublin - Cork road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

My father has a tom tom, he's asked me to update the map on it but I was just wondering is the N78 on the new map, this road wasn't open when the new map came out but opened about a month later.

If it's not on it I'll leave it until it is.

Can you give some more inforformation,
    Locations, intersecting roads or co-ordinates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

It's not the N78, it's the link road at athy go's from the N78(Dublin side of athy) to the new?(don't know if it's actually new or not) motorway.

Short of getting in the car and driving to the road I can't seem to find the name of the road.

Best thing is to go to N78 R747 and there should hopefully be a new roundabout nearby

• Advertisement

Here is an image of the N78 on Map version "Western_and_Central_Europe" v845.2645 .
    Is there an area you want to see close up?

Advertisement