Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help find my bag :( Kildare Road Area.

Options
  • 16-02-2010 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

So i got mugged on friday night, the Gardai caught him and got the expensive stuff back but its the bag i really want as it has the last picture of me and my mam before she died in it.
    The Gardai said the bag usually turns up but they havent found it yet
    It was a Beatles bag, brown green canvas with family guy badges on it, it contains my passport with my name on it in the front pocket and some make up aswell as alot of keyrings and a Beatles Mirror..
    It was lost on Kildare Road in Crumlin and is possibly in someones back garden or bin.
    he jumped over the back walls of the house on kildare, near bangor field and the crossroads going up towards Sundrive Park
    I am offering a small reward if anyone can find the bag, particularly by friday
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

DigiGal wrote: »
    So i got mugged on friday night, the Gardai caught him and got the expensive stuff back but its the bag i really want as it has the last picture of me and my mam before she died in it.
    The Gardai said the bag usually turns up but they havent found it yet
    It was a Beatles bag, brown green canvas with family guy badges on it, it contains my passport with my name on it in the front pocket and some make up aswell as alot of keyrings and a Beatles Mirror..
    It was lost on Kildare Road in Crumlin and is possibly in someones back garden or bin.

I'm very sorry to hear about that. Have you considered ringing one of the radio stations? It's the kind of thing they sometimes do, and it might really mobilise people to have a good look for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sorry to hear that, it's an awful pain.

Warning: There was a spate of handbag muggings at the o2 last week. I walked past a bag in a nearby laneway and apparently there were a few more nearby. Be careful when in large crowds. I was half thinking of going through the bag to see if there was ID in it, but didn't in the end.

Hope you get your bag back, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

So i got mugged on friday night...

So so sorry to hear that :(

The b*stards :mad:

I live on off Kildare Road so I'll definitely have a look around there after work today. Obviously if I find it, no reward necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

might help to put the area in question on the thread title, some locals who might not otherwise look at the thread with the current title would be more inclined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Brilliant thanks.the mugging happened at the corner of kildare and bangor road, heading towards the fields

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

no problem at all. best of luck finding it. ill be in the area myself on thursday so will keep an eye out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Why by Friday?

That reminds me

The guy beat me up pretty badly and he was only 17. He was involved with another gang of youngfellas who were going around mugging people at the same times. So anyone in th Kildare road, bangor road etc area please be watchful!

Why by Friday?
    My passport was in there and I have tickets to a gig in the Academy on friday.
    Also I would like the picture back for a memorial service on sat

Having it by friday would just be a bonus though, as long as i get the picture(its on one of my keyrings, I'll be happy. If anyone even finds the set of keys!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Have you tried a poster in your area?.

Reminds me of an incident in 2001.

I was working in The Bridge bar in Westmoreland St.

A lady's bag was stolen, and never recovered. But the story behind it is heart breaking.

A year before, her 3 yr old boy was knocked down and killed by a robbed car in Tallaght. It was her first night out since his death, and she insisted on putting all his photos in the bag, plus a lock of his hair which she'd kept - all gone.

OP, I've made this a stickie for a few days and I've also asked the Mods of AH to allow you run the thread there too.

Kind regards.

Thats a good idea!

Wow that story makes mine seem silly, I feel stupid feeling sorry for myself.
    Thanks a mill for making it a sticky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Sorry DigiGal, I had a look around yesterday and nothing :(

cosmic wrote: »
    Sorry DigiGal, I had a look around yesterday and nothing :(
    Thanks cosmic. Still no luck with the Gardai either I reckon they've probably given up at thyis stage. My birthday is on Sat and I've no I.d which is a bit poxy also

* Hey guys its possible it fell behind a shed or a bush so anyone who lives in the houses on Kildare road, near the turn onto bangor road please check your back gardens and ask your neighbours to do so also, sometimes i forget not everyone in the world has boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm just thinking DG.

If this is an old photo is there any chance someone in your family will have a negative from which you can have the photo developed from?.

I'm just thinking DG.

If this is an old photo is there any chance someone in your family will have a negative from which you can have the photo developed from?.
    Unfortunately it was from a photo keyring machine :( in Funderland about 3 years ago :(

Advertisement