Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sickened, can't get UPC.

• 16-02-2010 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm a Digiweb Metro customer and was going to move to UPC in order to have unlimited usage, but UPC phoned there and said that their service isn't available in my estate. :(

I presume it hasn't been cabled up although the website gives the impression that it's available in the whole area.

Anyway, does anyone know of decent unlimited usage broadband for a total cost of about €40 a month that might be available to me? I live in Raheen, Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Just don't forget none of them are really unlimited, the UPC one for example has a limit of 250 Gb upload and download per month etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, of course, but 250GB is better than 30GB which can be restrictive.

Is Magnet 'unlimited'? Have looked at their site but can't get a definitely answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Magnet, like all the others, isn't unlimited, but from what I can tell, the limit is in the 100s of GB range. Certainly a lot more than 30GB.

It would probably be your best bet outside of UPC. If you're within 2-3km of the exchange in Dooradoyle, then you should get a good 10Mbps with Magnet.

Might be an idea alright, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 That Dave Fella

Most places if they offer unlimited will cite their fair usage policy.

Smart have slapped my friends with restrictions for going over 170gb but also for people going over 60gb so your milage may vary.

From what I've experienced Magnet have a fair usage policy but they have never had to invoke it.

• Advertisement

So I'm tossing up between Smart and Magnet. Is there much of a different with the quality of service?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Signed up to Chorus a few weeks back,before that I had Magnet for 2-3
    years and never had a problem,with download limits or speed (10 meg).
    Only went with chorus because of the all in one service,in fact if Magnet had been able to supply TV to me,I would have taken it from them,very
    happily.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

To clarify....we have never invoked our FUP, although we reserve the right to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Fair usage is understandable.

Advertisement