Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy saving bulbs

• 16-02-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

For anybody going up North, I was in Dunelm Mill at the weekend and they have osram energy saving bulbs (75w/14w) for sale at 3 for 19p.

Yes, 3 for 19 pence. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

smashey wrote: »
    For anybody going up North, I was in Dunelm Mill at the weekend and they have osram energy saving bulbs (75w/14w) for sale at 3 for 19p.

Yes, 3 for 19 pence. :D

Isn't there a NI bargain alerts forum for this. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1206

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Yes there is but more people read this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

smashey wrote: »
    Yes there is but more people read this.

Not how one should decide on where to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Eh right.

Look, this is a bargain alert. I bought a few and decided to post here thinking that some people might be going to the North. A cursory glance at the number of viewers here compared with the number viewing the NI bargain alerts meant that this was getting to a wider audience. So, the post is out there now and if anybody has a problem with where it's posted then either report it for the mods to deal with or don't bother replying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Saw Philips energy saving bulbs in Sainsburys Newry a few weeks back, 5 for 50p! Thought it was a price error,Bought a box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

:( How come none of the bricks and mortar stores "down South" do prices like these? Or am I just not seeing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

In 2008, UK energy companies were compelled by the government to increase their energy efficiency. So they subsidise low energy bulbs and can make claim that the electricity they supply is being used more efficently and of the means of improving efficiency, this is the cheapest.
    An average gas and electricity customer pays £38 a year towards subsidies for green projects, according to Ofgem

Its not a misprice.

Advertisement