Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dingle Way

Options
  • 16-02-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping to walk the Dingle Way during the summer and hopefully camp along the way.
    Just wondering if anyone here has done it before or has any info on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

I've done pieces of the Dingle Way, I don't think it's quite as spectacular as the Kerry Way, but still a great hike. Not sure how easy the camping will work out for you as that little bit closer to civilisation, walking through farmers fields, etc.
    Here's a website: http://www.dingleway.com/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I walked a brief section of Dingle's trails yesterday and today. The quality of the signage leaves a lot to be desired. On the piece I did from Ventry to Dingle the signs didn't match the map I had in hand. I incorrectly trusted the signs I met on the trail / road and found myself back on the main road. Its pretty annoying. Signage should be an easy thing to get right. I'll be more trusting of the map in hand in future.

Advertisement