Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGBT themed movies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CSaber

The Birdcage is good too, if only to see th eexcellent Robin Williams and Nathan Lane trying to outcamp eachother, and who could resist laughing at Gene Hackman in make-up and heels?! :D

No for me it is the scene where they are all listening intently to Hackman describe the drive down through the states, discussing the changing colour of the foliage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

I've seen some really good ones (like CRAZY), but also some really, really bad ones (like Make The Yuletide Gay)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

Small Town Gay Bar is a pretty cool little documentary i happened to catch late at night on rte a couple months ago

Boys Don't Cry
    The Matthew Shepherd Story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I'm not an L, B, G or a T but one of my fave directors, Pedro Almodovar, movies tend to be about L, B, G's or T's.

Really good movies, but i know how some people can't stand subtitles.

Volver
    All about my mother
    Live Flesh
    Bad Education etc..

To name but a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭catchup

Long before Ang Lee did Brokeback he directed a really lovely movie called The Wedding Banquet. Watch it if you get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

catchup wrote: »
    Long before Ang Lee did Brokeback he directed a really lovely movie called The Wedding Banquet. Watch it if you get the chance.

That's a beautiful film. Another "art house" film that I positively adored was Fire which I saw at the Gay Games in Amsterdam many years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

mysterious skin great film
    trying to think of ones that havent been said,could only come up with ed wood and little ashes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ajxx

In order of Preference

Broken Hearts Club: Mainly as real cute actors most of whom you would have seen before - the guy who played Superman in the TV series and another was a regular in Seventh Heaven)

Shelter - Favourite storyline wise!
    Latter Days - Like the story, guys are cute too.
    Beautiful Thing - UK spin and kinda nice to see young love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

mysterious skin great film
    trying to think of ones that havent been said,could only come up with ed wood and little ashes

watching mysterious skin now! its really sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Nobody else watched "A Single Man" then? 'Coz it's well worthy of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ajxx

ixoy wrote: »
    Nobody else watched "A Single Man" then? 'Coz it's well worthy of this thread.

Worthy of the thread but in a weird sense its not exactly the "gay movie" you might expect.

It seems to be kinda more lost romance - where as some of the other gay movies are (IMHO) designed to tug at the heartstrings of the single gay guy???

Still well worth watching - if only for Nicholas Hoults cheesy chatup lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Just saw it over the weekend. It's good alright.

watching mysterious skin now! its really sad :(

I got it on loan from a friend who reccomended it to me,must go buy a copy and watch it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bonusboy

C & A always makes me smile :)

Hope I managed to include the trailer link...

http://video.quod.tv/QUOD_ON_DEMAND/index.php?channel=-1&channel2=-1&category=0&keyword=angels&x=0&y=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

bonusboy wrote: »
    C & A always makes me smile :)

Hope I managed to include the trailer link...

http://video.quod.tv/QUOD_ON_DEMAND/index.php?channel=-1&channel2=-1&category=0&keyword=angels&x=0&y=0

ah i totally forgot about that one,love that film!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

1. Candy Rain- its a taiwan film about lesbian couples, its really good.
    2. Breakfast on Pluto
    3. Lost and delirious (Though I really wish they'd left out the sappy eagle stuff)

Advertisement